Covid 19 Virus

Private Marker

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both my local ranges closed until further notice.

The yanks are buying masses of ammo again, gouging is rife, up to 4000% in some cases. Utter madness.

I assume at some point in the not too distant future, we won't be able to get certain ammo or components. The US is a massive customer to a lot of manufacturers.

43 minutes ago, deadcenter said:

Both my local ranges closed until further notice.

The yanks are buying masses of ammo again, gouging is rife, up to 4000% in some cases. Utter madness.

I assume at some point in the not too distant future, we won't be able to get certain ammo or components. The US is a massive customer to a lot of manufacturers.

Oh well, there'll be less of them and us to buy stuff after the 2nd wave of C19 so the price should drop...😟☠️

On 3/19/2020 at 9:04 PM, No i deer said:

Next year is no good to me Andy 🙄. Let's just say next month and see how it goes 🤞😉

We should be so lucky Neil. The timescale to getting back to normal is bound to be slow. Firstly there needs be a significant drop in the number of infected individuals. At this point in time it’s still rising exponentially despite government mandates and advice on social distancing and self isolation etc.

The way I understand it, from watching TV expert panel discussions, if the current measures are effective, we’ll see a plateau in the number of infected cases, then a drop off.

Logically, I can’t see that happening for months.

1 hour ago, meles meles said:

Bear in mind oomans that when us and the kows started coughing some of you bald monkeys sought to cull us. Now you lot are coughing, why should we spare you ? 

*Places a loo roll against a nice backstop as bait, takes up position in a hide*

The bTB has got to your brain dear Brock

2 hours ago, Brillo said:

We should be so lucky Neil. The timescale to getting back to normal is bound to be slow. Firstly there needs be a significant drop in the number of infected individuals. At this point in time it’s still rising exponentially despite government mandates and advice on social distancing and self isolation etc.

The way I understand it, from watching TV expert panel discussions, if the current measures are effective, we’ll see a plateau in the number of infected cases, then a drop off.

Logically, I can’t see that happening for months.

I thought after a lockdown we will be released to reinfect and then back to lockdown until things stabilise 

We've taken the reluctant step to close all shooting and social activities at our club.  It's just not worth the risk to members and their families as we can't effectively manage sanitising and social distancing.  At the end of the day peoples wellbeing trumps their hobby/sport every time.

I expect DIO will close down access to their ranges pretty soon.

We're just going to have to talk about it for the next few months - thankfully there's a good forum I'm told 😉

2 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

We've taken the reluctant step to close all shooting and social activities at our club.  It's just not worth the risk to members and their families as we can't effectively manage sanitising and social distancing.  At the end of the day peoples wellbeing trumps their hobby/sport every time.

I expect DIO will close down access to their ranges pretty soon.

We're just going to have to talk about it for the next few months - thankfully there's a good forum I'm told 😉

My local club has done the same , started yesterday and to be updated in a fortnight for as long as needed . 

19 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

Contrary to confusion on Facebook  Bisley is still open. As you all know, Bisley is privately run and not run by the MOD.  

Many clubhouses and all the restaurants or cafes are closed though. 

not for long now - it'll be shut in a few days

Have you been listening to the news?  The advice is clear so I'm speculating the NRA will get a grip and stop operating sooner than later

Like most intelligent countries, if it hasn't come to lockdown with -essential- activities only, it soon will. I couldn't hold my hand on my heart and say shooting is essential.

48hrs to go here before the full lockdown. I can see a heap of brass prep being done as a warm-up..

With all the %uckwits going to the coast/Snowdonia at the weekend and crowding together I’d be surprised if tonight’s 8:30 prayer meeting with Boris does not go for a shutdown!

Similar  thing happened in Norway - all the townies headed to their huts in the hills, think it’s now legislation that they go home, Norwegian army enforced it.

3 hours ago, Private Marker said:

No offence but do you know something I don't? The NRA have me booked until Friday and I have private work for the weekend. Nobody has said anything to me or to my shooters about an imminent closure. 

I think you've had your answer now..

well ive put shooting on the back burner for now, gotta take care im 67 and been told to stay indoors, exept for walking the dog at 5 am, its so quite and peaceful nobody around, and a little bit of shopping for  food  with the missus, i wanna be shooting when im 97, so good words of wisdom from ronin, and to all of you guys on here, take care and look after your family and lets get over it  dave.