PRL Round 1 Postponed

John MH

Interesting decision, I can see the issues with using accommodation, restaurants etc.as being close proximity but the risk on the hill side at Orion, struggling a bit with that one?

IMHO can see that actually having fun is not high on the 'necessary' list but at what point do we stop doing everything?

T

The decision taken by Tiff the PRL League Director and Orion is based on a number of factors including a responsibility to the local community.

What part of the event could be deemed essential or even necessary?

Risks of infection on the hillside might be low but there is still social interaction and the risk could not be eliminated fully. Additionally the more notice, of what was probably going to be inevitable, makes it easier for those that have booked and paid for accommodation and travel (Irish Teams) to get refunds.

I think club secretaries/committees around the country are having to get to grips with what to do.  Difficult decisions for all.  It's doubly worrying when we consider the average age of club members (our median is 57 so half of our members are over that - many over 70).   I for one don't want to contribute towards the possible demise of my friends or their family members.

We're all adults and we probably all agree that a Nanny State is not good thing;  however in this instance I think the government advice is sound

Gents,

not questioning the right of the organisers to cancel, just interested in the ‘why’. Can see that anyone travelling via air or similar congested means would be better off not travelling.

Not sure on the social responsibility bit John ? ‘Not’ spending money in an area already hit but folks happy owning an iPhone 🤔 😂

No target shooting sport is ‘ever’ actually necessary is it?

Pops, completely agree ‘if’ the competitors were  70 year olds with a chest infection, but folks who are lugging very heavy rifles + 2 or 3 bean bags + tripods & backpacks up a hillside do not really fall into that bracket?

Agree that clubs are all having to do the duty of care bit, we have just put round similar, those at risk have sensibly dipped out of coming to the range. Believe the Gov advise (for what any of it is worth) is actually to get out and have a walk in fresh air for both physical and mental health.

Still we could bounce this around forever, it is what it is.

Terry