Ultimatum Deadline 300WM

Just finished my new Ultimatum Deadline rifle. Joint Canadian/UK/Ireland build.
Canadian Deadline action, Canadian IBI barrel, Canadian Triggertech trigger, barrel work by Brock & Norris with invisible thread cap. Machining looks beautiful, very happy with it. Stock by PSE and I fitted, bedded, sprayed the rifle/stock. Never had a brown rifle before.... Scope 3-27x56 PMII with 262 upward (cm) clicks available after zero which should be enough. Only zeroed with 180 Sako Hammerhead so far, only 7 rounds through including chrono. Accuracy will be checked later.

3AbOAn7.jpg

HyffgT7.jpg

CVOSnSA.jpg

edi

Just came back, tried a 4 shot group again off the hood of the landy. Force 5-6 and shaking car did not help and only managed 20mm, first two were close. Wind blew the chrono off too, but managed to get speed. What is astonishing is the low recoil or better said how nice she is to shoot. Just a big boom. Love this rifle. Proper gun. Early days in the accuracy department.

HuIdLRT.jpg

edi

7 hours ago, ejg223 said:

Just finished my new Ultimatum Deadline rifle. Joint Canadian/UK/Ireland build.
Canadian Deadline action, Canadian IBI barrel, Canadian Triggertech trigger, barrel work by Brock & Norris with invisible thread cap. Machining looks beautiful, very happy with it. Stock by PSE and I fitted, bedded, sprayed the rifle/stock. Never had a brown rifle before.... Scope 3-27x56 PMII with 262 upward (cm) clicks available after zero which should be enough. Only zeroed with 180 Sako Hammerhead so far, only 7 rounds through including chrono. Accuracy will be checked later.

3AbOAn7.jpg

HyffgT7.jpg

CVOSnSA.jpg

edi

Proper bit of kit 👍

5 hours ago, srvet said:

Very very cool rifle Edi. Is it controlled round feed? 

Thanks, no just push feed.

Initially I heard that there might be issues mag feeding these due to the three lugs. Maybe they referred to the older version. No issues here, feeds very nice.

edi

Thanks also D Johnson.

I've had a good look over these actions Edi, and there did appear to be issues with mag heights and feeding, on the ones I bolted up into various stocks..caused by the large diameter bolt. The cocking dog on the underside of the bolt also catches on a lot of chassis stocks. No issues on mcmillans, or yours obviously.

Yes I was warned by some after I had ordered. In my case no issue, no mag or bottom metal modification needed.  I know many love the three bolt lug configuration and the small bolt throw is nice (if one notices it) however all other two lug actions I had also shot well. What I liked was that the action seemed very well finished out the box, smoother than most other custom actions I had through our workshop. Think the worst I had come across were 2 BAT actions  that needed a good bit of running in or lapping.

edi

Thats a bad ass rifle . Running in on the barrel and load testing will almost definitely tighten up things - enjoy 

Nobody seems to stay home here at all. Beach below our house completely jammed up, ad hoc parking and traffic jams. Never seen it that bad in the best summers. First day without rain here in almost half a year...

Hope the weathers stays good so I can do more checks on the 300. No Problem getting out to a farm here.

edi 

• 2 months later...