Scope or reddot for mini rifle

Mark II

Mark II

it is an issue when folks use jargon 😎, you will have to learn all these if you are going to hang with the ‘HSLD’ crowd (High speed low drag) 😂😂

LPVO in a Warne Skel = a low powered zoom scope in a lightweight mount.

Low power scopes typically run 1-4, 1-6 with some 1-8 & 1-10 variants, normally driven by if it is a first or second focal plane scope.

In answer to your OP I’m using a 1-8 power first focal plane which has a nice illuminated reticle so it can be used as a red dot as the March’s 1x is a true 1x.

8x is quite enough scope out to 100 yards.

Cheers

terry

Some of the so-called 1x- Low Powered Variable Optics aren't true 1x often they're slightly higher 1.2-3 etc.

Try before you buy in this market.

I've had the Vortex Strike Eagles in 1-6 and and 1-8,  wasn't a fan of the 1-6 reticle so traded up to the 1-8, but found the glass not that clear, better reticle though.

The old Vortex PST 1-4 was in a QD mount so fitted it to my newest .22 for a test and took it the the range later that week. They don't make this scope anymore, but it was a excellent buy for the clarity of glass in this price range at the time. A further plus it was shorter and relatively light weight compared to recent models.

VUjQ3MIh.jpg

The QD mount has been ditched and I'm sticking to this setup for the year. Swap the Atec Wave mod with a A1 style birdcage for mini rifle stuff.

sCXlZGTh.jpg

Last summer when shooting short range matches out to 50 yards,  used a Vortex SPARC AR RDS (red dot sight).

UWASBCCh.jpg

Hopefully this post is clearer than my previous in this thread.