Cz Shadow 2

ds1

As Shield is releasing a Shadow 2 LBP .22 rimfire I thought I would share what my new 9mm version looks like. Some of the upgrades may  also be possible on the LBP frame. So my brand new Cz Shadow 2 Optics Ready 9mm. A very popular pistol for IPSC Production and Carry Optics classes.

30ABCF1A-EB7C-4470-B1E6-ABF812672BC9.jpeg.351b9f86e658f1f266196e756a070a4d.jpeg

Features much improved quality Of engineering over previous models, and a heavy frame to mitigate recoil and muzzle flip. Weight is about 1.3kg. An excellent out of the box trigger. The spec list goes on.

The Optics Ready version has a different slide to the normal Shadow 2 machined to accept various adapter plates for major brand red dot sights. This is a growing trend.

F57A0FEB-97E3-46BE-9D0B-77594761DE3A.jpeg.64dea4d64a94dc560fee95230ffb433f.jpeg

We have changed the safety to a larger one on the left hand side to easily facilitate “cocked and locked carry “. Reduced the recoil spring from 18 lbs to 11 lbs and are waiting for the Trijicon adapter plate to arrive so we can mount a Trijicon SRO optic which is also one of the best red dots for a competition type pistol as it provides a larger sight window.

8326A9A0-CF84-4D0F-AE84-1F639AD44A92.jpeg.58013ac5566db0c7a51632304999d3b5.jpeg

Othe upgrades will be a reduced reach trigger ( as David has little girly hands) a  reduced main spring and professional trigger work. We are aiming for a 6 lbs double action pull and 2 lbs single action will an ultra short reset and Lok Bogie grips.

4847BA39-B050-43DA-9EF2-FD5DB55D7EA5.jpeg.edb00798de9db8fd477c90826c3773d7.jpeg

Derek, hope to see you here again soon- you know you need your 9mm fix :)

Catch, I’ve had a Tactical Sports in 9mm ( and for that matter an “open” Czechmate) both we’re in 9mm. The Tactical Sports I had was the “black” version - worked over by Zendle - probably the best pistol smith in Czech.....it was certainly on a par with an Orange. 

Comparison , the TS is longer and a little heavier than the S2.... does this matter - it depends if you are using a red dot or not. With a red dot the TS is slower doing  transitions. With iron sights I found for my eyes I preferred the TS, it might have been sight radius but I think old eyes.

Trigger: the TS is single action only and can be made to be under  2lbs with a very short reset. The double / single action of the S2 can come close to the weight in single action but not the reset, however a single action only trigger is available from the factory for the S2 and its then on a par with the TS.....if I was doing steel challenge comps a S2 SAO would be the way I would go definitely.

Quality, hands down the S2 is machined better. Both have a cast steel frame and forged slide, no MIM parts in either but the attention to detail is much better on the S2, also the slide on the S2 s internally lightened ( reduces muzzle flip).

Orange: The idea of paying substantially more for an Orange - maybe in the TS it’s worth it- and you also got the gas pedal with the TS Orange. However with the S2 Orange you basically just get a barrel bushing and trigger job - seems like the factory got it right with the S2.

To me the TS / TSO shines in 40 S&W as a IPSC Limited major division gun that’s cheaper than a 2011.

The S2, particularly the Optics Ready is much more versatile - IPSC Production or Carry Optics divisions and better for Steel Challenge too.

What are you thinking of using it for?

Nowt...unfortunately I’m not section 5 nor shoot in N. Ireland or abroad.

Just interested to know experiences of others with the two pistols.

I’ll have to arrange a visit to your facility in the future, grew up with rifles and shotguns but never had the chance to have pistols ☹️

Derek, let CV 19 settle down and then get a couple of flights booked for you and Rory :)

Catch -22, you are very welcome to come and you can try my S2. Please feel free to contact me by PM. We have a good selection of Sigs, Cz’s, Glocks and various carbines. We are much more about developing skills and drills though than a stand and bang experience.

12 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

Nowt...unfortunately I’m not section 5 nor shoot in N. Ireland or abroad.

Just interested to know experiences of others with the two pistols.

I’ll have to arrange a visit to your facility in the future, grew up with rifles and shotguns but never had the chance to have pistols ☹️

Daves place is addictive  I think im on first name terms with Brno airport security  .....

11 hours ago, ds1 said:

Catch -22, you are very welcome to come and you can try my S2. Please feel free to contact me by PM. We have a good selection of Sigs, Cz’s, Glocks and various carbines. We are much more about developing skills and drills though than a stand and bang experience.

Thanks very much, sounds right up my street.

I’ll reach out at some point.

Cheers!