MME bullets

deadcenter

• 1 month later...

Got a mixed pack of the three types of bullet that they make and got as far as starting some load development before the lockdown.  Only managed to shoot a few on the zero range and at 300 yards and there didn't seem much difference between the Wimbledon Match and the Mistral at that distance.  The Mistral-T's seemed a bit of a novelty but shot well enough too.

Load development was complicated by the fact that the chap who makes them won't provide any BC information so you'll have to work that one out for yourself.  However quality was generally good and the service from MME quick and easy.

Unfortunately his website seems to have closed down so obtaining them might be an issue, although I think you can get them through Shellhouse, which is where I first saw them.

Hope that helps.

My friend got a box of wimbledon 155s from the shooting show. The rebated boat tail ones. I have loaded some up to try and compare against some other 155s, but then lock down happened so they're now sat waiting i my safe.

What loads did you try and what do the mistral t's look like?

Cheers.

I've spoken to Peter at MME and he is sending me x100 of .224 hpbt , £17

Also a box off samples off his target bullets in 308 to try out at £34.

Seems a really nice chap, he doesnt release BC data as it has too much factors to cause varations in different tests but he assures me that the BC off his non tipped target bullet consistently matches Bergers VLD and the tipped version is just over Bergers data.

I am quite excited to try them........ 

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, banus02 said:

good afternoon ,any idea of the price for the 6mm 90gr hunting bullet per 100 posted?

His website lists £20-£28/100 for up to 95gn 6mm hunting bullets. Postage is about £3 for up to 2kg.

Another vote for Pete's bullets. I use the tipped version in 225 g weight in my .300 Norma.

Very accurate indeed during load development. I will work out the BC's once Diggle re opens, and the speeds can be got, through the electronic targets downrange.

Cheers - something to consider when f class opens up again 

On 7/11/2020 at 8:40 PM, banus02 said:

good afternoon ,any idea of the price for the 6mm 90gr hunting bullet per 100 posted?

I've just ordered a hundred. They're £31 per hundred, plus post. Price has increased due to a change in the jacket to something tougher in the base for .243 'hunting' bullets.

Yes I’d like to return to more competitive shooting - simply haven’t had the time to do this for the last few years. 

• 1 month later...

I finally got to take the test pack MME sent me before lockdown.

I loaded up his 185 mistrals , 10 thou off using N150 from 41.0 to 42.8gr Iin 0.2gr increments 

I also loaded up his 185 Wimbledon match 10 thou off using N150 with the same charges.

I'm running a howa 1500 in 308 with a 24in heavy barrel, wind was good today at about 10mph tops  shooting at 500yards onto a fclass target and here is how I got on.

The mistrals where all over the place out my rifle , a disaster. But his website does say they need time and effort to get right.

The Wimbledon match however.

I ended up with a velocity deviation off 67fps at the muzzle and 46fps terminal,  over 10 different charge weights !!!!!!! The highest between any 2 weights was 26fps MV... 

I wasn't reading the wind as per i should be as I was just firing through the chrono and the 10 shoot group came in at 1.38moa. 

The first thing I did noticed when I sat down to start loading them etc was the consistency in my comparator on both was far better than the Scenar I compared them against (only 185s I had on the bench)..

Much to say I am aware to order a box off Wimbledon match now..... 

That’s impressive 

what was your elevation /wind defection compared to normal bullet / load in that rifle 

I was running 155s before at around 2850fps iirc but elevation on the 185s was an extra 1.5 ish but i didn't notice any big difference in wind age.

After speaking to MME and giving him my chrono data I am told I am pushing the 185 mistrals far too slow for them to sing at 2400 -2500fps , I could go hotter but I'm already happy with the Wimbledon results so far so shalt bother.

I have sitting some 175 Wimbledon and 175 + 185 mistrals if anyone wants 10 to try out. 

I’ve got some 250gn Mistral T’s loaded for the .338 to try at Eskdalemuir this month. 

I’ve only done the load workups so far but accuracy is good and the speeds are where I’d like them. I’ll be comparing them with 250gn Scenars but so far on paper the figures look good.