Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts

Recommended Posts

Why the weather in Warminster yesterday couldn’t have been like today? 😭

I was completely soaked to the bone...but the big .338NM managed to give me a smile.😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hoping to make it down there soon! Was away for this one, but sounds like that wasnt a bad thing!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2020 at 1:43 PM, Catch-22 said:

Why the weather in Warminster yesterday couldn’t have been like today? 😭

I was completely soaked to the bone...but the big .338NM managed to give me a smile.😀

We had the same experience today at Catterick.

Reports from some members that it was T Shirt only weather yesterday and today we had gusting head wind up to 28mph and ‘showers’ Noah would have been proud of!!

Didn’t stop 33 members from turning up and enjoying the shoot.

A few left early but most stuck it out 😊

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Hoping to make it down there soon! Was away for this one, but sounds like that wasnt a bad thing!!

 

Yeah it was bad!

Of the 20 odd who said they’d come, only about 10 turned up. After HME, First detail of 5 shooters had enough after about an hour. I was lying in an inch deep puddle the entire time. ☹️
 

The second detail just didn’t want to shoot, they basically drove home whilst the first detail just arrived at the butts. 
 

The weather was THAT bad! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was one who did butts duty. I was going to shoot in the second detail but the RCO was so rude to my friend Clinton over the radio at the gate that we decided that enough was enough. Working the targets was miserable as the rain poured down our upturned sleeves and necks. I could have endured the rain alone but the constant sniping from the RCO made it unbearable and to be honest makes me question my membership of the club.

I appreciate he gave up his free time to run the shoot, but if he can't be polite then he may as well have stayed at home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's always a bad apple or 2 in any group of people, regardless of the subject or sport.

But also you don't know whats going on in peoples privates lives, and families.

Don't get me wrong, he may just be an A-Hole. But who knows. Who knows???

Chaz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was a scorcher last Sunday, but probably the last shoot in a while ☹️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2020 at 2:18 PM, Ralpharama said:

I was one who did butts duty. I was going to shoot in the second detail but the RCO was so rude to my friend Clinton over the radio at the gate that we decided that enough was enough. Working the targets was miserable as the rain poured down our upturned sleeves and necks. I could have endured the rain alone but the constant sniping from the RCO made it unbearable and to be honest makes me question my membership of the club.

I appreciate he gave up his free time to run the shoot, but if he can't be polite then he may as well have stayed at home.

One of the reasons I didn't renew my membership unfortunately.  Life's too short to have to deal with such people.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy