South hants rifle and pistol club

Moved to Southampton last year and looking to join a local rifle club. 

Sent an enquiry to the club secretary concerning joining over a month ago but have yet to receive any sort of contact. Is there any members of the club on the forum. 

And if so could they point me in the rite direction for getting hold of someone at the club as email doesn't seem to work. 

Cheers

Tom

There's also Highfield R &PC: http://www.highfieldrpc.co.uk/

I used to be a member before I joined the NRA........they're a good crowd with an indoor smallbore range and a full-bore section that uses Bisley and possibly an MOD range just north of Winchester.

Pete

There's a few clubs around, depends what discipline:

Southampton Rifle Club shoot smallbore prone at the same range as Highfield, I've got a contact...

Itchen Valley Shooting Club (my club) in Winchester: we shoot in a disused railway tunnel but have trips to Moodies Down north of Winchester and to Bisley. We do gallery rifle at the tunnel, but quite a few members do CSR at Bisley, a few do F Class and others who just shoot what they fancy...

We share the tunnel with Wyke Manor (smallbore prone)

Further afield, there's Havant and another club with 100y smallbore range north of Stockbridge (I forget the name).

Whereabouts are you? I'm in SHR&PC but don't frequent it that often.

Best thing to do is go down there and speak to the committee member who is at the desk that day. 

There was a backlog last year of people wanting to join, emails can be slow.

The opening times are on the website, you'll see the cars parked around the entrance, there is a metal entrance cage with a buzzer, just go down there is my advice.

On 2/28/2020 at 11:36 PM, Re-Pete said:

There's also Highfield R &PC: http://www.highfieldrpc.co.uk/

I used to be a member before I joined the NRA........they're a good crowd with an indoor smallbore range and a full-bore section that uses Bisley and possibly an MOD range just north of Winchester.

Pete

I will look into this. I do have smallbore and full bore but more interested in the full bore side of it! 

15 hours ago, Mat said:

There's a few clubs around, depends what discipline:

Southampton Rifle Club shoot smallbore prone at the same range as Highfield, I've got a contact...

Itchen Valley Shooting Club (my club) in Winchester: we shoot in a disused railway tunnel but have trips to Moodies Down north of Winchester and to Bisley. We do gallery rifle at the tunnel, but quite a few members do CSR at Bisley, a few do F Class and others who just shoot what they fancy...

We share the tunnel with Wyke Manor (smallbore prone)

Further afield, there's Havant and another club with 100y smallbore range north of Stockbridge (I forget the name).

Hmm I work in Itchen abbas, but live down hedge end. Sounds like a promising club. Is there much of a waiting list? 

14 hours ago, Roy W said:

Whereabouts are you? I'm in SHR&PC but don't frequent it that often.

Best thing to do is go down there and speak to the committee member who is at the desk that day. 

There was a backlog last year of people wanting to join, emails can be slow.

The opening times are on the website, you'll see the cars parked around the entrance, there is a metal entrance cage with a buzzer, just go down there is my advice.

I live in hedge end. I will look at the dates and head down when there next open I reckon then!! 

Hopefully the back log isn't to big ha

• 2 years later...

https://www.andover-rpc.org.uk/

Take a look at this one.....arguably the most beautiful smallbore range around, and a friendly crowd. I was a member for a few years until I dropped smallbore.

A bugger to find, though, actually in Harewood forest just south of Andover. Parking, covered firing points, ranges up to 100yds, tea making facilities.

Pete