RFD question..

martin_b

If I buy a gun and get it shipped to an RFD, and it costs say £35, should I expect the dealer i pick it up from to charge anything on top?  ( infact just how does this shipping thing work, who do i pay for instance?)

cheers

Martin

You are paying the shipping costs. If the receiving dealer wants to accept it, enter it into their register then store it until you collect and book it out to you for free, then that's their choice.

Some will charge you for that because why would they do all that for free? They aren't making anything from the sale.

The trick is to build up a good relationship with your RFD (normally by spending money with them) and then get the service free  hopefully quid pro quo.

15 minutes ago, Roy W said:

You are paying the shipping costs. If the receiving dealer wants to accept it, enter it into their register then store it until you collect and book it out to you for free, then that's their choice.

Some will charge you for that because why would they do all that for free? They aren't making anything from the sale.

The trick is to build up a good relationship with your RFD (normally by spending money with them) and then get the service free  hopefully quid pro quo.

Cheers, Thats fine, in that case I wont use the dealer down the road, but one of the clubs I shot at ( and pay subs!) the chairman is an RFD.

There is no paperwork to complete over and above the filling in of the register.

It should already be on your FAC and your club RFD will only need to book it in to his register and out and check it is already written on your FAC correctly. He is not transferring it to you, only handing it over.