Kahles 8x42 or 10x42

Apart from giving up about 5 minutes before Swaros at dawn and dusk, there's not much in it.

Great value for a cracking set of RF binos.

Vortex also do  excellent 10x42 RF binos for around the same price as the Kahles

Cheers

Bruce

14 hours ago, 1in8twist said:

I've been looking at these.

SIG Kilo 3000 BDX 10x42 Laser Rangefinding Ballistic Binoculars

They seem to be getting fantastic reviews in the USA. With the added benefit of having the ballistic calculator on board.

I’ve been using mine since May, they’ve been superb at everything be it stalking, varminting, glassing or shooting PRL. As binos they’re up there and as a range finder I’ve not found anything to touch them, plus the added benefit of ballistics capabilities is very useful.

• 4 months later...

I’m in the same boat - either vortex of Kahles, anyone have a preference between the two (obviously vortex being 10x). 

last light performance would be nice but I’m am using NXS’s so they are likely to give up first.

With the vortex warranty, if you buy second hand, how do you return them in the event of a fault! Just any dealer or back to the importers? 

apologies to rekindling and old thread 

Can’t help you with the RF binocular decision, but I can vouch for the Vortex warranty. Sent one of my scopes here https://csw-online.co.uk/vortex-optics-45-c.asp and received a new scope about 3 weeks later.
Not the best glass I’ve got, but the warranty is excellent.

Hi all 

just a note to be careful of , minimum ranging distance ! . Use my old style Leica 10x42 for airgun shooting at short distances all ok for close ranging to match the sr pro hawke reticle as the laser is in the centre of the bridge , Swarovski s don’t laser below 30 metres as one tube has a laser and the other has the detector . The newer leicas go to 3200 m . Utting’s did a good deal years back . Stronger lasers will range more accurately and to further distances . 

cheers Rich