SCAM ALERT!

Christian..

Deary me 🙄.

I recently found I got scammed.

I ordered a free sample of something and had to pay p&p on it and they used my bank details and took nearly £400 out my account..

So say after ordering the sample near the end of december I didn't cancel some poo agreement I new nothing of and took nearly £200 out my account and it wasn't spotted..

My Mrs asked me the other day looking at February's statement had I spent these 2 amounts of money on things and I said no...

We worked out then where who had helped themselves.

Them qunts had been and had another nearly £200 out.

Got on the phone too the bank and and explained things and was told no more will get taken out and I had to ring this company and ask for my money back..

I did the next day.. too my surprise somebody answered the phone and I demanded my money back and they kept saying about this agreement thing and I said I would of never under any circumstances agreed to any of these terms and I want my money back..

I told them I spoke to the bank and and no more money will be taken out my account and I want my damned money back..

She got around to saying we could repay only the last lot but not the first..  I said you can have the stuff back and I want all my money back..

In the end she they will put the £200 that they took February back in my account by the 5th March.

We will see 🤔.

I've got to ring the bank back in 10 days or so to continue will the complaint hopefully so they can get all my money back 😡😡😡😡

40 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Deary me 🙄.

I recently found I got scammed.

I ordered a free sample of something and had to pay p&p on it and they used my bank details and took nearly £400 out my account..

So say after ordering the sample near the end of december I didn't cancel some poo agreement I new nothing of and took nearly £200 out my account and it wasn't spotted..

My Mrs asked me the other day looking at February's statement had I spent these 2 amounts of money on things and I said no...

We worked out then where who had helped themselves.

Them qunts had been and had another nearly £200 out.

Got on the phone too the bank and and explained things and was told no more will get taken out and I had to ring this company and ask for my money back..

I did the next day.. too my surprise somebody answered the phone and I demanded my money back and they kept saying about this agreement thing and I said I would of never under any circumstances agreed to any of these terms and I want my money back..

I told them I spoke to the bank and and no more money will be taken out my account and I want my damned money back..

She got around to saying we could repay only the last lot but not the first..  I said you can have the stuff back and I want all my money back..

In the end she they will put the £200 that they took February back in my account by the 5th March.

We will see 🤔.

I've got to ring the bank back in 10 days or so to continue will the complaint hopefully so they can get all my money back 😡😡😡😡

They'll probably be long gone by the 5th march, parasites.

23 minutes ago, No i deer said:

The nothing but a bunch of scamming qunts 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

If I was you I wouldn't be waiting till the 5th march, I'd phone them again tomorrow and tell them you've put it back in post to them 1st class and if you haven't got the full payment back in your account by friday you'll be phoning trading standards.

The 2nd lot of money they took from my account in February they didn't even send their product..

I too said this when I spoke to them and she said oh yeah we didnt send you any but you raided my account again which is another part of your scam 😡😡😡😡😡😡😡

My blood was boiling 😡😡😡😡

I'm puzzled by this..............for them to get access to your bank account, you must have given them the account details............did you set up a direct debit or a transfer just to pay for postage?

A lot of companies offer a "free lunch" by first persuading you to set up a direct debit "which can be cancelled at the end of the free trial period if you don't want to continue."

Then life gets in the way and you forget until the next time you get a bank statement or check your account.

Pete

My Amazon account was hacked last August. It was exceedingly well done. I logged on to my email and a page popped up stating I was using an old link. I then followed the link provided and unbeknown to me this was a fake web page which allowed the scammer to obtain my email password.

All he/she did was read my emails until they saw a lucrative transaction, which was on Amazon.

He took goods to goods to the value of £500 to be delivered to a box at a local Premier Inn.

By sheer good fortune, it was only through recommending an Amazon product to No I Deer that I discovered the fraud. I couldn’t log on to my account to send him the link. I contacted customer services who told me what I had supposedly purchased and they cancelled the orders and suspended the account.

The hassle sorting it all out was a nightmare. The police were involved and Action Fraud. Luckily I didn’t lose a penny. But I never follow web links now, no matter how plausible.

16 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

Could you explain what happened in a bit more detail please? Old link to what?

Cheers

Pete

Pete,

Without giving too much detail, because I’ve taken a lot of extra security steps to ensure it doesn’t get repeated, on that email address it always opened on a BT page first. I had to log on that which then diverted me to the email page. 

The scammer had replicated the BT page with the addition of the words “Oops, it looks like you’re using an old link, click here to be redirected.”

It’s quite a common ploy. I only found out how the hack was done when I discussed this with an IT friend ..

The above describes a very common email ‘Phishing’ (pronounced FISHING) scam.

A hacker creates an email that looks to be from a reputable company and sends them out to a whole bunch of email addresses, looking for someone to ‘bite’. The email ‘From’ name can be customised to anything you like, so people look at the ‘from’ name (eg Amazon or online banking) and look at the Amazon branding of the email and think it’s genuine. Often scammers simply take a copy of a real email (like a screenshot or scrape the email code), but change the links inside to point to their ‘scammer’ email inbox or website.

It works by the person receiving this ‘Phishing’ email, thinks it’s genuine and clicks a link in the email (usually instructing them to login to their account or such like) then get directed to the scammers web page where they harvest login details from people who think they’re logging into the real site.

My number one golden rule is NEVER to click links in an email that I didn’t specifically request to be sent to me. 
So if Amazon or my online banking send me an email out of the blue, I will always visit the website directly (via my Google Search) and login directly. I will never click through from an email...even if it is completely genuine.

Its the only effective way to bypass Phishing scams. Having security software doesn’t mean they pick up on these bogus emails...many of the hackers are very clever and will often find ways to bypass the security. The security only fixes known problems or loopholes. They will fix one things when ones are found and exploited. Scammers are always a step ahead of the security firms.

Many thanks for that.............I've always adopted the same procedure as yourself, website first, then log in.

I've never had an email from a bank or any other account that includes a link, apart from the changing password procedure.

No doubt, someone will eventually find a way to use that to get in..............

Pete

6 hours ago, Catch-22 said:

The above describes a very common email ‘Phishing’ (pronounced FISHING) scam.

A hacker creates an email that looks to be from a reputable company and sends them out to a whole bunch of email addresses, looking for someone to ‘bite’. The email ‘From’ name can be customised to anything you like, so people look at the ‘from’ name (eg Amazon or online banking) and look at the Amazon branding of the email and think it’s genuine. Often scammers simply take a copy of a real email (like a screenshot or scrape the email code), but change the links inside to point to their ‘scammer’ email inbox or website.

It works by the person receiving this ‘Phishing’ email, thinks it’s genuine and clicks a link in the email (usually instructing them to login to their account or such like) then get directed to the scammers web page where they harvest login details from people who think they’re logging into the real site.

My number one golden rule is NEVER to click links in an email that I didn’t specifically request to be sent to me. 
So if Amazon or my online banking send me an email out of the blue, I will always visit the website directly (via my Google Search) and login directly. I will never click through from an email...even if it is completely genuine.

Its the only effective way to bypass Phishing scams. Having security software doesn’t mean they pick up on these bogus emails...many of the hackers are very clever and will often find ways to bypass the security. The security only fixes known problems or loopholes. They will fix one things when ones are found and exploited. Scammers are always a step ahead of the security firms.

The way I was caught was not through a Phishing email. This is why it was so canny. It was done while logging on to that particular email address.

If it was via an email link I would not have been hacked. My IT friend said that scammers have wised up to the email phishing link and have modified to the method that caught me.

They take a common email ISP, one that isn’t a subscription, (they prey on the the free ones) let’s say @xyz.com , and set up a fake website that is basically what is referred to as a “key logger”.

Every X amount of hits someone accidentally hits it and the log on password is recorded. Job done.

So, Catch is correct, but be mindful of subtle changes on your email log on screen.

8 hours ago, Pelletpinger said:

Old Baros tried it on with me a few days ago, sniffed him out straight the way, he’s tried my mate tonight so he’s still active. 

On here? How did he reach you? His account (annexgun on here) is frozen - is there another account being used?

Thank you to everybody who has highlighted this pair of scammers.  

I am normally a fairly cautious sort of person, especially where firearms adverts are concerned, but it just shows how easy it could potentially be to get drawn into something beyond our control.

I hope the police follow this up, but I won't hold my breath.

There was a piece on TV last night about BT scammers getting caught.........a woman and 5 or 6 guys. I wonder if this was the crew?

Pete

4 hours ago, brown dog said:

On here? How did he reach you? His account (annexgun on here) is frozen - is there another account being used?

Sorry should have been a bit clearer.
He tried it on with me on the 13th on here via PM. 
He tried my mate on AGF last night and it appears there’s loads of others.  
It looks like he’s been very busy on all the forums. 

The inland revenue scam prity annoying. 

Starts with it seems a genuine phone number then launches into a warrant for your arrest or please log onto to pay. 

HMRC are aware but if you received a call to inform them of the number. 

Thanks nick 

• 7 months later...
On 2/29/2020 at 10:37 PM, Nick 53 said:

The inland revenue scam prity annoying. 

Starts with it seems a genuine phone number then launches into a warrant for your arrest or please log onto to pay. 

HMRC are aware but if you received a call to inform them of the number. 

Thanks nick 

Still going on...  I had an automated call from a London number yesterday, informing me HMRC were about to "start proceedings".  At that point i hung up.