Young Shooters at Kingsbury

I’m hoping that someone on here will have a definitive answer to this query because I can’t get a reply from Landmarc or anyone from the DIO.

I am helping organise the Birmingham Bisley competition at Kingsbury and one of the potential F Class competitors is an 11 year old. Her father has already entered the competition.

The 11 year old is a full member of a HO approved club and holds a current SSC. The NRA say it’s ok according to their rules (the competition is sponsored by the NRA).

What are the rules concerning under 14 year old shooters at Kingsbury (14 being the youngest age for possessing a Firearm Certificate).

Incidentally, the shooter in question is known by many of the F Class competitors.

Brillo

not sure if it is a local or global thing but no one under the age of 14 are allowed to shoot on the military ranges we typically use ie Warminster and Langport

brgds Terry

Brillo

We have a young shooter in our club and he had to wait until his 14th birthday before being permitted to shoot on the MOD ranges at Catterick so it looks like terryh’s info above may be a global Landmarc/DIO rule.

I have just looked at a copy of the DIO License form for my old club.  This was issued 2018  by DIO West & Wales and is a standard MoD form

"DE FORM 5665 (F/Lands/434) (Version 3.0 — Jun 06)"

Section 10 (2:  ensure that all members and authorised spectators while on the premises behave in a proper and orderly manner and that no disorderly person is permitted to be or remain on the premises and that without the permission of the said Officer no child under the age of 16 years and no animals are brought on or allowed to remain on the premises

The "Officer" is the Range Commandant.  This is Maj. Jim Salisbury I believe.  Good luck with getting anything out of him 😉

2 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

I have just looked at a copy of the DIO License form for my old club.  This was issued 2018  by DIO West & Wales and is a standard MoD form

"DE FORM 5665 (F/Lands/434) (Version 3.0 — Jun 06)"

Section 10 (2:  ensure that all members and authorised spectators while on the premises behave in a proper and orderly manner and that no disorderly person is permitted to be or remain on the premises and that without the permission of the said Officer no child under the age of 16 years and no animals are brought on or allowed to remain on the premises

The "Officer" is the Range Commandant.  This is Maj. Jim Salisbury I believe.  Good luck with getting anything out of him 😉

Ironically, through a round about route, I had a phone call from Jim Salisbury yesterday where I outlined the details of the query. Subsequently, I received an email from him saying he was passing the request to the Range Officer at Sennybridge for clearance. His tone was positive and hopeful but we’ll see.

8 minutes ago, Brillo said:

Ironically, through a round about route, I had a phone call from Jim Salisbury yesterday where I outlined the details of the query. Subsequently, I received an email from him saying he was passing the request to the Range Officer at Sennybridge for clearance. His tone was positive and hopeful but we’ll see.

excellent, best of luck with it