Hearing protection MSA or Peltor ?

Barrelsniffer

Due to recent damage to my ears i have now started wearing "on ear protection" for foxing etc, currently using the Impact models but want to get something better so have narrowed it down to either MSA or peltors 
(msa sordin supreme pro x or 3M Peltor ComTac XPI)
Any guys on here have first hand use of either or any other recommendations ?

Mick

Use both. Both have pros and cons. 

The 3M’s are a better ear defender, by that I mean they are better at blocking out sound and seal better IMO. However I feel the mic’s are better on the MSA’s and have better sound / situational awareness and can pin point where noise is coming from better. 
The peltors are thicker in profile and interfere more with rifle stocks, where as the MSA’s are thinner (most likely why the peltors are better at attenuating noise)

Both are comfy and good to wear for extended period of times. You can’t go wrong with either which in a way is good.   

MSA’s service is exceptional. They have already sent me spare parts post-warranty and repaired my 15 (?) year old Sordin Supreme Pro (new electronics), all free of charge including return P&P.  Sending a registered parcel to Sweden isn’t cheap, but well worth it.

I have both. The MSA with gel pads are what I use with rifle. I find they get less disturbed by the rifle stock. No issues with noise using 338lm and they are lighter - The batteries can be a bit of a pain to get out.

Peltor - heavier and they have survived plenty of drops - I use them on pistol and carbine courses which are typically full day. / several day courses so I might be noticing the weight more.