IR help needed

jonathan.308

Hi all
Looking for some help as new to the nightvision 
I have just bought myself a pard 008 and I am looking for the best IR For it to give me the best picture and range. been reading up on the number of forums and seem to be more confused now than I was before I started reading up on it, I have been looking at the Sirius XTL, black sun dark engine, dragon fly, LASERLUCHS 5000 LED.

The sirens XTL says on the website 
These are designed for rear add on night visions to give the longest and most intense performance, they are not designed for dedicated units but will work, dedicated units are more suited to lower power diffused versions
I believe this is a laser type IR , so are all the lasers not suitable unless they are a an add-on unit???? Lower power units LED ???

black sun dark engine
On their website it says
By combining our knowledge of LED systems with the latest laser diode technology we have produced the smallest and lightest illuminator possible, but with extreme performance and usability.
So is this LED or laser ??? And would it be any good for my pard 008 

Dragonfly Infrared Illuminator
DRAGONFLY INFRARED ILLUMINATOR LED or laser ???
Would this be suitable fora pard 008 ???

LASERLUCHS 5000 LED IR ILLUMINATOR 

Thank you any help would be appreciated
Jonathan

Hi there 

don’t know of the lights your looking at but I have always stuck with Nightmaster torches  . Got IR ones for night vision on the drone pro , good out to 200m for foxes etc also got a white one for finding quarry and a red for scanning for eye shine . Over 7 years old now but still looking like new . Cheers Rich 

Have a look at YouTube russ Douglass 222 , them lasers burning plastic are a bit scary . LEDs much safer but some animals notice the red glow after a while then they’ll run . Foxes and rabbits can see ir so be careful using it too much on full power/ tight beam . A flood beam doesn’t spook them as much . Cheers 

If you followed that video closely, you will have noticed that the Sirius XTL was the only one that didn’t burn the plastics bag even after 10 minutes, the Pard 008 has a HD camera that isn’t very light sensitive, compared to something like an Armasight Drone pro, so using a Led torch on the Pard 008 is pointless because the onboard laser is about 8 -10 more powerful, so if you want to be safe use the Sirius XTL 

that’s what i use, and Ian claims as long as he’s alive it’s guaranteed 

Pheonix on the NV forum as already told you this, and if he doesn’t know it’s not worth knowing.

the XTL is not the preserve of Add ons, it works well with the Pard008 As well.

HTH

Kevgun

• 2 months later...

Hello Johnathan. 

If you want to get the best advice on anything IR or thermal talk to the organ grinder.

Bruce on NV forum / mealy jimmy on Stalking directory.

For what it is worth the SRX laser doubles the range of my Pard 007 and 008 . Bruce tested some others that worked well and showed me one in particular that was as good but quite a bit less expensive but I forget what the unit is called but Bruce will keep you right.