Wind damage at Eskdalemuir

4 hours ago, srvet said:

Completely agree with you on this one. No winners anywhere with this situation 

Unfortunately this is true, I have already heard some club members from one of the clubs I shoot with (including a club secretary) mentioning that they will no longer support the FCSA due to only hearing one side of a story (and not interested the other side), it would probably be worthwhile the FCSA putting their story across in full if Marc had already lost the shooting rights as I can only imagine this conversation hasn't only happened in the club that I'm in.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 3/9/2020 at 12:22 PM, Deker said:

Unfortunately this is true, I have already heard some club members from one of the clubs I shoot with (including a club secretary) mentioning that they will no longer support the FCSA due to only hearing one side of a story (and not interested the other side), it would probably be worthwhile the FCSA putting their story across in full if Marc had already lost the shooting rights as I can only imagine this conversation hasn't only happened in the club that I'm in.

There are two widely diverging stories about the actions and outcomes.  Marc, I'm sure we can all agree, organised, campaigned and set up this facility.  He put a huge amount of effort into the project.  Marc insists he had no intention of pulling out so somehow FCSA have negotiated with the lessor to take the lease away.

FCSA have no obligation to explain their actions to the wider community

Playing devils advocate momentarily, it would seem that in the absence of an explanation of circumstances at this time by the FCSA people seem to have made up their minds as to what has gone on .

As stated recently it would be a wise course of action to wait for the entire story to be made public  before  talking of ill will etc .

On 3/9/2020 at 1:28 PM, gazzarM1 said:

Playing devils advocate momentarily, it would seem that in the absence of an explanation of circumstances at this time by the FCSA people seem to have made up their minds as to what has gone on .

As stated recently it would be a wise course of action to wait for the entire story to be made public  before  talking of ill will etc .

The 'entire story' -  It seems reasonable to look with some skepticism.  So far FCSA have made no attempt to widen their explanation beyond the club (as is their right of course).  Marc on the other hand has given a full brief from his point of view.  It would be good to hear from FCSA directly in an open forum.

26 minutes ago, saddler said:

It's already been sort of hinted at in an earlier post - but there are THREE horses in this race. 
I am not connected in any way with any of them, though I have met them all at an EskdaleMuir Shoot.

The FCSA have stated their position, as has Marc.
It may be that they are both 100% correct and both a true reflection of what has happened to the range facility.

The silent party, and the one who legally holds all* the aces, is the landowner = his land, his say-so as to what happens with it & on it - short of compulsory purchase orders for new runways or housing estates..!

While the landowner is unlikely to be on such a forum as this one, I feel that the lack of input from that side means that we are all the missing a big piece of the jigsaw.
NOT saying that it is the case here, but it would not be the first time a club has cleared the ground and set up a nice facility, for the landowner to then turn around and offer it to another group who are paying a small dividend more than the club that did all the graft. Seen it directly & indirectly quite a few times...

* other than the extended danger area leases.

This is completely true and it may be that the land owner has been significantly involved. Potentially this may well transpire to be to everyone’s loss, including his own, if the range cannot be used due to inadequate danger area. 

Would it not be somewhat foolhardy to be sceptical about a matter where, and I am pretty certain that there is some,maybe a lot of influence by a third party who doesn’t really care about what we think and whose primary concern is themselves?

• 4 months later...

If wishes were horses, beggars would ride...

What we know today:  FCSA have no shoots programmed but have "big plans" for the old range.  Nothing published to members as yet.

Gardners Guns has loads of planned shoots at the new range.  I'm booked on in August.

Here's hoping it's all resolved and we have two excellent facilities available that can co-exist happily

"Hellandback", hummm,  I think I can guess who you maybe 😁

this all seems to be getting a little silly now. 

time will tell......

I have my own opinion from personal experience of the partys involved here , I have a gut feeling that the truth will out , maybe not on this forum as it's rather unfairly edited in a bias fashion but ultimately the truth will out...….

On 7/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, tackb said:

maybe not on this forum as it's rather unfairly edited in a bias fashion 

🤣🤣😂😭😭🤣🤣

Oh my days.  Are you really still unable to post anything on here without always feeling a need to make some sort of passive-aggressive e-paranoid  insult? Don't you bore yourself? Surely, you must? It's so repetitively, multi-year internet-persona  'odd';  and weepingly tedious ..

No bias in this thread. Actually no interest in this thread at all, just a world-weary 'seen this before':  

nothing has changed I see , neither me or the tedious same same from here, so i'll leave it unless you want to make me a moderator so I can delete stuff I don't like? 

regarding the range fall out stuff , it's a terrible shame because lord knows we need more not less ranges if our sport is to survive and fingers crossed grow ? I do know the two parties but only one has stolen money from me , but no point going down that road because it just gets deleted true or not, an awful lot of goodwill could be garnered by returning that money of mine like others had theirs returned. 

anyway , really nice to chat with you again BD and since we missed our chance at the 2015 RBL shoot maybe we will run into each other and we can have a good old chat at a PRL event? 

all the best