Wind damage at Eskdalemuir

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Mattnall said:

Has there been a problem with the danger area? I hope it's all been resolved if there was.

I believe so the last one went over some area that maybe the land owner wasn't aware of, or thats how ive been informed. Correctly or incorrectlyĀ 

Just looking at the facts:

Gardner's Guns had no intention of pulling out of the 'old' range Ā - confirmed by Marc Gardner

FCSA have 'negotiated' a lease on the range and intend to operate it as their range

You are entitled to your opinion but that doesn't make your opinion fact.

The fact is that you can join FCSA OR ODRC and have access so there is no deprivation in any way shape or form.

16 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Just looking at the facts:

Gardner's Guns had no intention of pulling out of the 'old' range Ā - confirmed by Marc Gardner

FCSA have 'negotiated' a lease on the range and intend to operate it as their range - thereby depriving others of access

FCSA and Gardners state differing opinions on the Limited Danger Area land and therefore the legality of shooting at the range

I think it's fair to say FCSA have acted like underhanded selfish bustards. Ā Way to go guys!

Check your "Facts"

Ā 

1 hour ago, baldie said:

Check your "Facts"

Ā 

Which are?...

I was told that Gardner owns the danger area land and needs to agree to any potential round incursion but so far there is no agreement.

Not saying anyone is in the wrong but it appeared to me that it wasn't a straight forward done-deal - yet. I was hoping this was sorted.

Gardners version:

. . .Ā the owner of Over Cassock dropped a bombshell on us just before Christmas saying he was going to close the facility and we would need to vacate by 31st March 2020.

FCSA version:

. . .upon being informed that Marc was leaving the range and that it would close we contacted the estate about the possibility of continuing the range facility. . .Ā  After a period of negotiation we have been allowed to operate the range.

There's a third party involved here.

Triffid

37 minutes ago, saddler said:

Would that be using gravy salts or cornflour?
Ā 

orĀ rue if it's not too dangerously European !

12 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

Looks like my "facts" might have some traction yet..

As far as DaveT's comment "The fact is that you can join FCSA OR ODRC and have access so there is no deprivation in any way shape or form" is just plain missing the point.

I am a member of Gardner's Guns Club so I had access removed by the FCSA coup - why the bleepĀ should I join yet another club to regain access?

A first class example of 'up yours mate' from FCSA.

As I understood it, the FCSA were going to honour any memberships paid for, for the remainder of their period of membership ?

To everyone that assumes that the FCSA are the bad guys, pleaseĀ remember that assumption is the mother of all F##k ups.

We did nothing underhand in the acquisition of Eskdalemuir as a range, From Gardnerā€™s guns.

Any members on here that are a paying member of Gardnerā€™s guns, look him in the eye and ask him why he lost the access to the range at Eskdalemuir.

Ā 

9 hours ago, ruger7717 said:

To everyone that assumes that the FCSA are the bad guys, pleaseĀ remember that assumption is the mother of all F##k ups.

We did nothing underhand in the acquisition of Eskdalemuir as a range, From Gardnerā€™s guns.

Any members on here that are a paying member of Gardnerā€™s guns, look him in the eye and ask him why he lost the access to the range at Eskdalemuir.

Ā 

There is always more to every story. ;)

I suppose the big question is have FCSA got approval from the powers that be (Scottish government, police etc)Ā to use the land as a firing range considering the lack of safety zone?

2 hours ago, srvet said:

I suppose the big question is have FCSA got approval from the powers that be (Scottish government, police etc)Ā to use the land as a firing range considering the lack of safety zone?

Lack of safety zone?

25 minutes ago, Shendy said:

Lack of safety zone?

My understanding is that the FCSA do not have permission to use the land surrounding the range that is not owner by Nether Cassock farm as a danger area. There is a property boundary within a few yards of the thousand yard target.Ā 

Given that FCSA Ā have been around for some time and have close ties with a lot of the powers that be. I wouldnā€™t,think for a minute that they would even consider ā€œwinging itā€

I have no axe to grind against either party as I do not shoot with the clubs involved. Ā Ā  But it is such a shame that it has come to the state of affairs that exists now between the two clubs,Ā  as we have enough enemies without the tensions created within our sport on the subject discussed/commented upon here.

Ā 

Ā 

9 hours ago, That bald headed Geordie said:

I have no axe to grind against either party as I do not shoot with the clubs involved. Ā Ā  But it is such a shame that it has come to the state of affairs that exists now between the two clubs,Ā  as we have enough enemies without the tensions created within our sport on the subject discussed/commented upon here.

Ā 

Ā 

Completely agree with you on this one. No winners anywhere with this situationĀ