New Tripod choice

Minion

I obtained an Innorel 80 via a Chinese direct site, turned up and is nicely made.

Can only assume the 90 is of similar quality. As I’m not planning to run a silly heavy rifle (my stick is about 15 pounds) the 44 pound rating of the 80 is quite up to the job.

At just over £100 for the tripod and adding the monkey clamp thing it is very stable.

Does not have the bragging rights of RRS etc. But at a 1/10 the cost who cares 😎 😂

T

2 minutes ago, terryh said:

I obtained an Innorel 80 via a Chinese direct site, turned up and is nicely made.

Can only assume the 90 is of similar quality. As I’m not planning to run a silly heavy rifle (my stick is about 15 pounds) the 44 pound rating of the 80 is quite up to the job.

At just over £100 for the tripod and adding the monkey clamp thing it is very stable.

Does not have the bragging rights of RRS etc. But at a 1/10 the cost who cares 😎 😂

T

That’s the model looked at Terry. A lot cheaper than the 90. 

I must say with your choice in rifles and accessories this endorsement is reassuring. I can see myself ordering one. 

have you got any photos of your sentinel stocked rifles sitting on top? 

To mirror terry’s thoughts.....

I was interested in trying out a tripod set up. I didn’t want to spend silly money on something I wasn’t sure I was going to like or use that much. 

I initially bought the same tripod which the Rekon / wicked lights / night-stalker / predator hunter..... they are all the same. I sourced directly from China to save some cash. Came quick enough and for the money you couldn’t really complain. Started liking the idea of one. Used it as a test bed. It was very suitable for .22LR and .223 but I felt it lacked the stability needed for larger calibers. 

The Innorel 90 had a good write up on US forums so decided to give it a punt. Bought one off eBay, but from China direct using a 10% off coupon code. It was evident it was a much better, beefier and substantial piece of kit. I’ve yet to use the innorel 90 in anger as I’m currently deciding what route to go down and can’t make up my mind from using the supplied video bowel or a ball head or Levelling base. 

But it’s evident the Innorel is far better for the money and if you were tempted it’s one I would go for. When I actually get it out in the field I can let you know more. As for the 80 vs 90 I’ll let you decide. I wanted mine sturdy enough for weighty AI’s 

7 hours ago, terryh said:

T

Tripod apart I note there are other bits and pieces required .If you never used a hog saddle what else do you need?

Very interesting..  Ive got a bit of a neck problem and after a couple of dozen prone rounds it can start giving me a bit of jip.

I was thinking of getting a foldable shooting table, but the cheap ones look very flimsy. However I do have a couple of ex ENG broadcast tripods.  I think i might look at converting one of these.

Mr Egg

The 90 is also a step up in size as well, it is bad enough having to need a tripod so keeping it compact came into play

Ill take some snaps and post 

Gazza

if not using a clamp like the hog saddle then a ball head that gripped a rail on your rifle would be the way to go. I’m actually thinking a low profile ball head under the hog saddle?

the 80’s levelling cup is OK for 10-15 SEG in all directions but a ball head would give more flexibility 

T

Ive been told by SHMBO not to use the tripods I have,  ( they are Gitzo's so may be appearing soon on an auction site).

Im assuming a Manfotto 055 is the way to go, but what head to go for?

PS: Apologies for the potential thread hi-jack! but it seems relevent.

• 1 month later...
On 2/4/2020 at 6:17 PM, Scotch_egg said:

That’s the model looked at Terry. A lot cheaper than the 90. 

I must say with your choice in rifles and accessories this endorsement is reassuring. I can see myself ordering one. 

have you got any photos of your sentinel stocked rifles sitting on top? 

Better late than never.......

CCB01A32-726A-4062-8911-1812E5606F3E.thumb.jpeg.72a5fc811d4e68b90eb22e3d25af6442.jpeg

22 minutes ago, paddy said:

only come on this now funny i bought the innorel 90 this morning went with the sunwayfoto xb52dl ballhead and hog saddle 

Where did you order yours from chap?

1 hour ago, GT3_richy said:

Where did you order yours from chap?

i got it on ebay seen it on an other site cheaper but i dont know the site was £30 in the price . the saddle and ball head from tactical coatings 

10 hours ago, Bob57 said:

nice Terry,

and very handy if you happen to get an itch on your nose and ar5e at the same time😮

Bob,

I’m sort of with you on this, crossed sticks for live game’s OK, but the gear race into the sport is a bit of an issue with me, hence going for the cheaper option just in case you have no option but to use one.

The HSLD guys are probably into £1500 of tripod setup 😧

T

4 hours ago, terryh said:

ya thats the site i was looking at seen some reviews where people had bother getting there stuff from it and it does not do paypal so not much come back . have you looked at the n52 head