UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Chikentikka

Any 22 creedmoor shooters?

Just wondering if there are and 22 creedmoor shooters here hiding in the dark. Have a 22-250, will rebarrel and push the 69 tmks or 70 bergers at warp speed. For foxing etc so not concerned about barrel life (wearing parts!) 

Do it, you won’t be disappointed!

75gr bullets at 3500fps with 24” barrel

iF you were to go 28” barrel I bet the 75gr would do 3600+

Would be a 24" , what powder? N550? Or would imr 4350 be better, a little faster. Cant find alot of data for 69/70s the stuff you find on bullet manufacturers etc seems a little tame across the board

Is the 22 Creedmoor much of an improvement over the 22-250? or is another of those "...because I can...." cartridges?  Not throwing a bucket of cold water.  Just thinking of performance.~Andrew

I think i have an itch that wants scratching, and without going ai 22-250 wont match the 22cm for the heavies 

I'm thinking of doing this with my 22.250.  26" barrel 1:8 twist, i will run some numbers through Quickload and how it compares.

Keep us updated kev, was going to go off 22-243 load data -1.5 grain. Ill be necking down 6 creedmoor lapua brass. Would fireform 22-250 but want the small primer.

Funnily enough, my ticket came back today with a slot for the 22cm and I’m planning a similar build. T3 donor action, 8 twist 24”. 77TMK’s or 75eldm’s is where I’m thinking. Necking down 6creed lapua brass 

My 22/250 Tikka 595 does well with 75-grain amax, 26" tube 1:8 twist running at just under 3400 fps. Foxes hate it lol

Avoid the 75eldm I know a couple people who struggled to get them to shoot consistently, 77tmk is a much better choice and especially on vermin 

Foxinmad is that pushing them hard? My 65 284 is very accurate with bergers but they dont seem to kill so went with the eldm, perform just like the amax but not as accurate. Ordered some 69 tmks to try, will start with reloader 19 and maybe some imr