.243 87gr Vmax. Which powder

Woodlander

Im considering a factory Tikka T3 Varmint and was thinking to shoot the 87gr Vmax, of which I have a fair few.  I believe it’s a 1:10 twist, which should stabilise this bullet and I’m looking for some real world experience.  
Which powder would be optimum, I have a few kg of N150 which ideally I’d like to use, but I can find other Vhit powders locally as well as RS Swiss. Also which primer performs best in this chambering?

Thanks 

I've also shot this bullet with great effect from a 24" barrel (not a Tikka though) 243. Also used N160 with around 43grns of powder (I think !) which helped to preserve barrel life (N150 may be a little hot ?).

Myself and my cousin had the same configuration and his eventually went south after 4000+ rounds..........I got bored with mine and swapped it for a 6BR !

Regards, Rob.

Vitavouri 160 is a good choice for bullets in the 85/90 g range and I have used the same load for the 87g Vmax and 90g Berger BT being my go to bullets. The load I worked up to was 43.6/160 with bullets just 5 thou off the lands in each case.These loads were safe in my rifle with no pressure problems and great accuracy.I must point out that according to Vitavouri data this load is approaching max recommended so if using 160 please work up your own as per usual.Using Vit 160 also helps fill the case much better compared to some other powders even in the Vit range.Take care,,,O

• 4 weeks later...

I had excellent results with RS62 ,  Rem 9 1/2 primers and the 87grain Vmax. 

Like onehole, only a 5 thou jump .