Range booking system/calendar for clubs?

Plecotus

Does anyone have any suggestions or, beter still, experince of an online booking system that coulld be used to allow members to book range slots and see when the range is already booked etc? 

26 minutes ago, Plecotus said:

Does anyone have any suggestions or, beter still, experince of an online booking system that coulld be used to allow members to book range slots and see when the range is already booked etc? 

Not sure what you idea is.  Is this for a particular club or in general?  Most ranges (I guess?) and definitely MoD ranges are booked by clubs not individuals.  I've not used it but MoD now use BAMS;  the reports I've heard are not good  (and range allocation is still done by the TO I'm told).

Bisley's online system works pretty well. I've been using it since it was set up, booking targets for myself and a few mates on a regular basis. There's also a "Range availability" table showing what's available and when.

It's usually up to date...........

Pete

Seems that, in my effort to be concise, I didn't give enough background.  Apologies.  I think the word 'bookings', without context, was misleading....

This is for one of the clubs I belong to.  It has an indoor range.  Currently, there are a number of more or less regular shooting nights and a number of ad-hoc sessions run by RCO-keyholders.  Members have no way of knowing, currently, if the range will definitely be open on a particular day/night and, if it is, whether whoever is opening it will have access to the armoury to be able to sell ammo and/or make club firearms available as not all range keyholders have armoury keys. 

Equally, if an RCO plans an ad-hoc opening, perhaps because someone has asked if the range can be opened to do something specific,  there is no way currentlly that said person can find out if anyone else will already be using the range when they get there. 

We don't need to manage commercial bookings or anything like that, just a simple(!) system whereby members can see when the range is booked, what it's booked for, what will be available in that session and, for RCOs, the abilty to post when they are opening and what will be available.

1 hour ago, Plecotus said:

Seems that, in my effort to be concise, I didn't give enough background.  Apologies.  I think the word 'bookings', without context, was misleading....

This is for one of the clubs I belong to.  It has an indoor range.  Currently, there are a number of more or less regular shooting nights and a number of ad-hoc sessions run by RCO-keyholders.  Members have no way of knowing, currently, if the range will definitely be open on a particular day/night and, if it is, whether whoever is opening it will have access to the armoury to be able to sell ammo and/or make club firearms available as not all range keyholders have armoury keys. 

Equally, if an RCO plans an ad-hoc opening, perhaps because someone has asked if the range can be opened to do something specific,  there is no way currentlly that said person can find out if anyone else will already be using the range when they get there. 

We don't need to manage commercial bookings or anything like that, just a simple(!) system whereby members can see when the range is booked, what it's booked for, what will be available in that session and, for RCOs, the abilty to post when they are opening and what will be available.

How about Google calendars?  You can set up shares and permissions so everyone (with rights) could see virtually live update info.  Just a thought. It's free.

Thanks guys.  I've taken a look at Google Calendar and, as Pops and Catch suggested, it looks like it will do the job and plenty more.  I don't think we need anything as complex as the kinds of systems that Bisley and SSC are using. 

All that's needed now is to convince a dinosaur or two that this is the way to go.  That may be a little more challenging!

Again, thank you for all the suggestions.