Powder id??

20series

• 2 months later...

Imo any attempt to use powder with eye being the sole means of knowing what it is a fools errand no offense. Use only factory powder containers. The factory ammo powder is bulk bought specs are unknown to the reloader . Years ago a friend had several lbs of powder that had been decanted for lack of a better word with handwritten slips to show what it was,i refused to use it and after deconstructing some of the handloads done by his family member seeing at least 4 types and charge weights I recommended he dispose of the decanted stuff and save the possible injury and death.

14 hours ago, KABOOM said:

Imo any attempt to use powder with eye being the sole means of knowing what it is a fools errand no offense. Use only factory powder containers. The factory ammo powder is bulk bought specs are unknown to the reloader . Years ago a friend had several lbs of powder that had been decanted for lack of a better word with handwritten slips to show what it was,i refused to use it and after deconstructing some of the handloads done by his family member seeing at least 4 types and charge weights I recommended he dispose of the decanted stuff and save the possible injury and death.

I totally understand, it was more idle curiosity as I said I didn't recognise the powder.  

Well it’s clearly a double based powder.

Being from a major ammunition manufacturer. It might not be a powder that’s commercially available to us reloaders. It could be a powder that’s also used by military customers, so impossible to say.