.22 rimfire match / training rifle scope finally sorted

One on top of two

2 hours ago, One on top of two said:

He was using SK Rifle Match

funny enough these are the ones I’m hoping my RFD can source. 

I recently ordered two bricks of these from one of our distributors. Ran them in both of my T1X with excellent results. With the weather turning colder hereabouts I ordered some SK Biathlon. Haven't 'tried them yet.~Andrew

13 minutes ago, No i deer said:

Nothing wrong with using subs or at 100yds 🤔🖕😁.

Try testing yourself instead of using HV ammo making it too easy 😉

🖕🏻😂

I did try some stingers as well , I can’t show you a group cos none of them hit the target hahaha they where horrific , I’m just glad I had a half mile back stop 😳

On 1/11/2020 at 8:27 PM, One on top of two said:

Yes you have a valid point , I would like to think he’s telling the truth , naive maybe but  I don’t like being to quick to dismiss. 
with my rifle I got a 50m test group target consisting of 10 shots all neatly presented in a folder , shot by one of the chaps at Anschütz. I will go and measure it and see what we get . 

Here’s my 10 shot test group . At 50 m 

would be nice if they said what ammo it was  

dont think they were stingers ! 

25 minutes ago, Andrew said:

I recently ordered two bricks of these from one of our distributors. Ran them in both of my T1X with excellent results. With the weather turning colder hereabouts I ordered some SK Biathlon. Haven't 'tried them yet.~Andrew

Be really interested to have your opinion on them , I’ve heard lots of good things about them. 

1 hour ago, 1066 said:

This is a series of six x five shot groups I shot some time ago - 30 consecutive shots - Eley HP subs with a £40 forty year old semi-auto - I could easily crop out the top and bottom right groups on the right hand target and claim I have a .5moa rifle but, of course, this is not so.

Now that's more what I'm used to reading on UKV ...Good to see some honesty ... I do smile at the rest of this thread

1 hour ago, One on top of two said:

Here’s my 10 shot test group . At 50 m 

would be nice if they said what ammo it was  

dont think they were stingers ! 

6695E964-BA90-42FB-B1EB-0D16EB5E6B78.png

They send that same picture with every rifle doh 🤣😂.

My CZ452 would do that off a benchrest no sweat 😁😅.

Did I say no sweat 😁

In fact I could shot it from the hip 😉😋 

9 hours ago, No i deer said:

Nothing wrong with using subs or at 100yds 🤔🖕😁.

Try testing yourself instead of using HV ammo making it too easy 😉

NiD

Most ‘target’ ammo is ‘sub’ just not HP i.e running along at 1050-1070 fps 

44 minutes ago, terryh said:

NiD

Yup, and the delta between most tgt ammo and most  'hv' is rarely more than 100fps   ... not really empirically observable at the tgt.  Of course the reason tgt ammo is a gnat's nadger under the speed of sound is to avoid disturbance during 'transition' (which I'd guess most hv is doing in the first 50 or 100m - but would be easy to calculate) in order to be more accurate.

2 hours ago, terryh said:

NiD

That's how little I know about target ammunition then...

I thought it was HV but I guess shooting subs the bullet doesn't have to do the transonic zone at distance where it loses its stability...

Is there any HV ammo that is any good.. I tried stingers and there a pile of poo..

I've been mainly a hunter over the last 20 odd years but over the last 8 or 9 I've got more into target shooting of various types as you actually get to fire quite a few shots unlike hunting.. I've Been out stalking 5 or 6 consecutive time loads of time before before I've fired a shot.. it becomes a bit of a nature watch rather than hunting waiting for that moment..

Although I'm probably talking "sucking eggs" to many of you chaps who are interested in rimfire accuracy, were you aware that you can check the actual Eley test results for each individual lot of Eley Tenex or Eley Match ammunition?

These give the results of the average velocity, group sizes etc. when shot through four different barrels in the Eley test facility.

For example the Lot number of Eley Match I'm currently using is 1019 - 01274 (stamped on the end of the box)  The 10 shows it's Match and the 19 in the first part shows manufacturing date, the second part is the machine it was made on and the lot number.

Unfortunately the site is down at the moment.

http://www.myeley.com/lot-analyser

This Is the type of information available, just note that group sizes are outside edge rather than the more common CtoC used in centrefire group measurements.

UnW3sIAm.png

Lapua run similar test facilities but as far as I'm aware there's no access to their lot number results.

16 hours ago, One on top of two said:

🖕🏻😂

I did try some stingers as well , I can’t show you a group cos none of them hit the target hahaha they where horrific , I’m just glad I had a half mile back stop 😳

Were these in your Anschutz? There are a lot of warnings not to shoot Stingers in match chambers. I have only had one rifle that liked Stingers: a worn out Ruger 10/22. Ate them up.

As to the SK Match. From my T1X using a bipod with no rear bag/support they gave 10 shot groups that resembled a 35 caliber hole +/- at 50 yards.  I am not the best shot so I gauge accuracy by watching to see if the bullet strikes the spot on the target that the reticle was over when the trigger broke. SK was pretty good about dropping them onto the cross-hair. Another ammo that was very  good was the SK "Semi Auto 22LR". I don't know if this is available to you but the LOT I have shoots almost as well as the Match. Good steel plinking ammo.

The top performer has been and remains Federal Ultra Match which was simply rebranded RWS, R-50. Oddly, a local ranch supply store got in quite a bit of this ammo for their gun department but at $139 US /500 they don't sell much of it. It is the best over-the-counter rimfire ammo available to me. When I'm on my game it will shoot one hole at 50 yards. Federal dropped their contract with RWS so this won't be available to me once the supply runs out. R-50 sells here for $22.50 US/50 which makes this remaining Federal UM a good deal. I've managed to stock up a few bricks for match shooting.~Andrew

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Were these in your Anschutz? There are a lot of warnings not to shoot Stingers in match chambers. I have only had one rifle that liked Stingers: a worn out Ruger 10/22. Ate them up.

As to the SK Match. From my T1X using a bipod with no rear bag/support they gave 10 shot groups that resembled a 35 caliber hole +/- at 50 yards.  I am not the best shot so I gauge accuracy by watching to see if the bullet strikes the spot on the target that the reticle was over when the trigger broke. SK was pretty good about dropping them onto the cross-hair. Another ammo that was very  good was the SK "Semi Auto 22LR". I don't know if this is available to you but the LOT I have shoots almost as well as the Match. Good steel plinking ammo.

The top performer has been and remains Federal Ultra Match which was simply rebranded RWS, R-50. Oddly, a local ranch supply store got in quite a bit of this ammo for their gun department but at $139 US /500 they don't sell much of it. It is the best over-the-counter rimfire ammo available to me. When I'm on my game it will shoot one hole at 50 yards. Federal dropped their contract with RWS so this won't be available to me once the supply runs out. R-50 sells here for $22.50 US/50 which makes this remaining Federal UM a good deal. I've managed to stock up a few bricks for match shooting.~Andrew

RWS Rifle Match (in the yellow and black box) is excellent too and quite a bit less than R-50

On 1/12/2020 at 7:48 AM, Popsbengo said:

RWS Rifle Match (in the yellow and black box) is excellent too and quite a bit less than R-50

I'll bet it is. RWS ammo even at worst, is probably good. The ammo we can get locally has up-ticked with the appearance of some Norma lines, namely "TAC" and "Match". (I picked up these munitions last week but have yet to run them.) Anything else, like SK,, Lapua or RWS need to be ordered on-line. SK in the form of "Wolf Match" has been available in some stores in my locale but I haven't seen any lately. The Federal Ultra Match/ RWS connection is a secret that I hope stays secret so that I can have a source of match grade ammo for a little while.....~Andrew

Andrew, pops , 1066

big thank you for posting up all that info , have been reading up most of it . 

found some interesting stuff to 👍

for what’s it’s worth I have finally got my Rail and mounts all fitted on so happy now , I went for the extended rail as to accommodate my NV if I feel the need . The mounts are vortex precision matched mounts . 

2A1CE5C9-8157-4ABE-BB6C-3F748419FA5F.jpeg

241FD40F-C0A5-4645-BEC5-32B131C36388.jpeg

F1BD28B5-654A-4190-A066-C2DDAFF4B732.jpeg

88812CC4-EE4E-4313-A379-665ED2541741.jpeg

55 minutes ago, ColinBR said:

Lovely setup there mate. Time to put some more lead down range to see what it can really do. 

Cheers  Colin , 

yes im really happy with it. The accuracy is nuts mate ! 
so out of the ammo I have managed to get the Eley match really does suit the rifle it would seem . 

I've found all my annies shoot well with both eley club and match. Unless I'm shooting a comp I just use Eley club for practice.

Though to be fair the Eley match is worth the extra point it sometimes gives you on the card. 

On 1/14/2020 at 7:40 PM, ColinBR said:

I've found all my annies shoot well with both eley club and match. Unless I'm shooting a comp I just use Eley club for practice.

Though to be fair the Eley match is worth the extra point it sometimes gives you on the card. 

Yeah I was impressed with how consistent it was , so much so I stuck on my chrono for nothing more than curiosity really. 
Eley quote speed at 1085 FPS .

i got .... 1090 average and and SD of 2.6