FCSA / ODRC SHOOTS

Just noticed that ODRC shots are now hidden in the members page as per FCSA website.

I have emailed ODRC to ask how FCSA members can get sight of ODRC shoots going forward.

Its important to me to see what is coming up at Warminster and Rogiet Moor

Chris Stevenson of FCSA has told me that he will issue login IDs for ODRC members wishing to attend FCSA shoots.

So far I am getting nothing in response to emails sent to ODRC / Simon Wheeler re a reciprocal arrangement.

We are supposed to be sharing shoots!

Anyone closer to ODRC / Simon able to give this a 'nudge'.

Shooting is getting scarcer what with the MOD buggering about!

3 hours ago, DaveT said:

Chris Stevenson of FCSA has told me that he will issue login IDs for ODRC members wishing to attend FCSA shoots.

So far I am getting nothing in response to emails sent to ODRC / Simon Wheeler re a reciprocal arrangement.

We are supposed to be sharing shoots!

Anyone closer to ODRC / Simon able to give this a 'nudge'.

Shooting is getting scarcer what with the MOD buggering about!

Tried sending you a PM but you can’t receive emails. 

17 hours ago, DaveT said:

Do you mean non-member of either club?

Yes. When John Masefield was Secretary, if I wanted to join in with a shoot at Kingsbury, I would get the date off the website and give John a call.

It was easier then but there is home office pressure to 'hide' shoot dates behind member-only access areas which makes sense security-wise.

As a FCSA member I am trying to get a login ID for ODRC from Simon Wheeler ..... still trying!

The FCSA contacts are Chris Stevenson or Darren Bean but I am not sure that they will entertain direct apoproaches from non-members of FCSA and ODRC... perhaps best to join one or the other unless you know members to invite you personally?

4 hours ago, DaveT said:

It was easier then but there is home office pressure to 'hide' shoot dates behind member-only access areas which makes sense security-wise.

As a FCSA member I am trying to get a login ID for ODRC from Simon Wheeler ..... still trying!

What "Home Office pressure" ?   I agree that it's a good idea for security but I'm afraid there's way too much bull-shine about HO & Police changes of policy.  I may be wrong so please point me in the direction of this HO "advice" because I think all clubs should be made aware!

ODRC are 'full of it' recently it would appear

Don't shoot the messenger.....its what I have been told by club officials.

Ostensibly its to prevent criminals targeting gun owners on the way to or from a shoot.

The logic may be a bit thin but there is some sense to it. (Unlike to Doctors note BS!)

Unfortunately it causes problems for clubs sharing shoots but not being able to see shoot dates on sister club websites!

22 minutes ago, DaveT said:

Don't shoot the messenger.....its what I have been told by club officials.

Yeh, not fair so sorry for that Dave.    There's a lot of 'over interpretation' of rules out there.  I suspect it's easier for some to blame HO/Police/MoD/NRA than to just say they've want to enact a rule.   In the case of password protecting shoots, it's a sensible rule.

It should also be a non-issue to get clubs that share shoots access to each others shoot date areas via a common login.

Whilst I appreciate the voluntary work that club secs etc do.....The current non-responses to requests are infuriating.

The problem that I see with the lack of transparency of club shoot dates is it makes it difficult for new shooters (and I include those wishing take up the sport as well as those with shines new FACs) and experienced shooters belonging to a different club to find out when they can tag along with a view to joining that club.

I am guessing that not many club officials appreciate cold calls about this.

3 hours ago, Brillo said:

The problem that I see with the lack of transparency of club shoot dates is it makes it difficult for new shooters (and I include those wishing take up the sport as well as those with shines new FACs) and experienced shooters belonging to a different club to find out when they can tag along with a view to joining that club.

I am guessing that not many club officials appreciate cold calls about this.

Cold calls and emails abound at our club!  And I'm happy to get them.  Only very rarely do we need to fob someone off who's obviously a dick - maybe one a year.

Interestingly no one has ever asked me if they could tag along to a full-bore shoot to observe (other than the occasional spouse/sprog).  We are always welcoming to those that want to come along to our club nights and see some small bore shooting and question us on probation etc prior to committing to join.  I see it as part of the committee's job to promote shooting sports.

If the club presses the wrong persons into doing committee jobs they don't want or can't manage then that's a matter for the membership to resolve by stepping up and volunteering!