Target ticket on your own land?

Adamdavi3s

All,

Hypothetical at the moment but we’re potentially buying somewhere where I can safely squeeze 100yards in

My ticket is for target “at ranges suitable for the Calibre and with adequate financial cover” or something along those lines. Nothing about home office approved ranges etc as I think there used to be? 

Ideally I’d like to not trouble with adding vermin etc to the ticket, so I’m talking purely target here 

Does that mean with my BASC liability cover, I can shoot on my own land? 

ignoring all other factors like noise for neighbours etc as I’d likely only be shooting 22sub anyway, possibly with the odd load dev on the .223/6.5/300wm

Obviously I’ll be talking to the FEO (I’m just renewing before the move) but wondered what experience other people had? 

29 minutes ago, brown dog said:

Not got my FAC to hand, but I stepped around the issue by asking to have 'and practice' (rather than 'target shooting') added after 'zeroing'.

Ah thank you! I’m purely target ticket at the moment and I’m unlikely to “need” to get a condition for the land, unless we get major hassle with vermin but it’s unlikely. 

Years ago GMP use to check the land to say what calibre could be used. Then on my FAC it says authorisation to shoot and control Vermin on land with specific calibre ie. 22 Hornet and. 223 rifle. 

My larger calibre is deemed for target shooting and usuable on Ranges. If wanted Deer stalking had to provide letter of authority to shoot deer and put in for variation. 

Thanks nick 

On 1/5/2020 at 7:13 PM, Adamdavi3s said:

All,

Hypothetical at the moment but we’re potentially buying somewhere where I can safely squeeze 100yards in

My ticket is for target “at ranges suitable for the Calibre and with adequate financial cover” or something along those lines. Nothing about home office approved ranges etc as I think there used to be? 

Ideally I’d like to not trouble with adding vermin etc to the ticket, so I’m talking purely target here 

Does that mean with my BASC liability cover, I can shoot on my own land? 

ignoring all other factors like noise for neighbours etc as I’d likely only be shooting 22sub anyway, possibly with the odd load dev on the .223/6.5/300wm

Obviously I’ll be talking to the FEO (I’m just renewing before the move) but wondered what experience other people had? 

A "suitable range for target shooting" is not a farm field.  The range must be fit for purpose (ie the calibres that are intended for use), safe and insured.  How that's done is a right can of worms these days and not easy.  I suggest you discuss with your FEO.  

You may have more luck if you get permission to shoot over the land - that will require the FEO to inspect and authorise I believe.  I can't see how you will get permission for a 300WM though!