Tikka TX1 MTR 22lr

No i deer

19 minutes ago, outlanda said:

Very nice please post how you get on - just to clarify used mint Anschutz 64 plus used scope etc for same money as new tikka t1X new scope etc the same like for like does sound like a good deal but interested to know who would swap a T!X for an Annie 64 or vice versa? That's a question I could not answer for sure.

I wouldn’t swap mine that’s a cert .

I have a Rem and now an Anschutz Alongside  my Tikka's and Sako’s .

I’m certain they are better rifles to some . But all of mine are perfect for the jobs I bought them for , they all have there individual jobs , 🤔 I wouldn’t swap any of them.

its taken many years With lots of expensive try and error to finally get the right collection of rifles and more importantly the right calibre’s for all the jobs I need them for .

i don’t want or need anything else , I will just maintain and if necessary replace . 

20 hours ago, Andrew said:

It surely wouldn't make economic sense.~Andrew

Yeah I got that wrong and perhaps I should make it clearer. I am about to buy a .17HMR and it will be another T1x as I think it is best bang for budget. Now I have thought about it - Given the option of an Annie 64 for the same money I think I would choose the Annie?

I have a .22lr T1X and like all these here have upgraded the stock - mine being a chassis. This has doubled the investment and is now approaching the cost of the very nice 64 MSR silhouette on here. I think I shoot better with the upgrade but the T1X is no more accurate than the factory stock. Going back to the OP with 2 options I don't think the T1X is outstanding and maybe he should look at Anschutz - unless happy with factory stock then it is good value possibly.  

My feelings aren't hurt. I have two T1X, with one in the KRG stock and the other in the factory stock. I actually like the factory stocked rifle better. It is my hunting rifle and much more suited to that task than the 10 pound KRG-stocked rifle that is reserved for target shooting. It just depends on what you want out of it.~Andrew

I have the T1x and like it very much, accuracy goes without saying. I fitted the verticle pistol grip and the beaver tail forend to the gun and I do think it makes it feel better in the hand although I am seriously thinking of a GRS stock to get the best fit for me.  To me the bolt action is very smooth and very quick to operate, almost as quick as the Browning T-Bolt.

I had an Annie .22lr which was very happy to give me tight clover leaf groups at 50mt but I just did not get on with the stock and couldn't get an after market stock so it went.  Now I am wanting something for the foxes but as a retired ole tart, the T3x is a hell of a jump in price so perhaps a Howa will do the job.

Phil

13 hours ago, philpot said:

I have the T1x and like it very much, accuracy goes without saying. I fitted the verticle pistol grip and the beaver tail forend to the gun and I do think it makes it feel better in the hand although I am seriously thinking of a GRS stock to get the best fit for me.  To me the bolt action is very smooth and very quick to operate, almost as quick as the Browning T-Bolt.

I had an Annie .22lr which was very happy to give me tight clover leaf groups at 50mt but I just did not get on with the stock and couldn't get an after market stock so it went.  Now I am wanting something for the foxes but as a retired ole tart, the T3x is a hell of a jump in price so perhaps a Howa will do the job.

Phil

Phil.

I put the Vertical grip and beavertail foreend on my 'target' T1X before eventually swapping it out for the KRG stock. As I said, the original rT1X I purchased is now my hunting rifle wearing the factory stock. We hunt differently than you folks in the UK. Much of our 'stalking' is done walking cross-country and shots are taken from the shoulder. I love this rifle in this role.  Be warned, the KRG stock will hike the weight to 10 pounds (with middle weight glass)  so think it through if your hunting resembles mine. The KRG for prone shooting is wonderful.  If shooting from a fixed position is your intent, you will be more than happy.~Andrew

I was very happy with my T1X to begin with using CCI Sub HP but now the accuracy has fallen off a cliff. I’ve now given it a clean, which I don’t tend to do on .22LR apart from an occasional bore snake so will see if that makes any difference. 

I’ve also tried playing around with the action screw torque to tune it that way to no success. 

What accuracy are you getting at 50m with what ammo. I’ll have to buy various different stuff and see what it likes I’m thinking but there might be a common theme. 

Also if anyone wants to swap me their T1X KRG bravo stock for a GRS Berserk then let me know. 

4 hours ago, markymark said:

I was very happy with my T1X to begin with using CCI Sub HP but now the accuracy has fallen off a cliff. I’ve now given it a clean, which I don’t tend to do on .22LR apart from an occasional bore snake so will see if that makes any difference. 

I’ve also tried playing around with the action screw torque to tune it that way to no success. 

What accuracy are you getting at 50m with what ammo. I’ll have to buy various different stuff and see what it likes I’m thinking but there might be a common theme. 

Also if anyone wants to swap me their T1X KRG bravo stock for a GRS Berserk then let me know. 

That is very strange. I usually attribute that kind of behavior to ammunition. I shot some CCI Sub HP back when I got  my 2nd T1X and found it to be excellent. A recent trip to Cabelas in the city scored a few hundred which promptly gave me terrible (at least by comparison) groups. They were hard to get started after shooting about any othe rkind of ammunition, and afterwards, fouled the accuracy of any other ammo I put through it. I wrote the 300 rounds off as a bad LOT.

I also don't clean the bore of 22LR weapons unless I get dust or debris in them.

My 50 yard groups with any decent ammo are about a 35 caliber hole for 10 shots provided I do my part. An ammo it likes will do better. A lesser degree of compatibility, worse. I can definitely tell when a round falls out with the Tikka and if my hold is good and the bullet goes someplace unexpected, the ammo is the culprit. 

RWS, SK, and one variety of GECO have been my best performers but some of the cheaper grades of "high" velocity rounds have worked quite well. (1200 fps/ 40 grain) 

I tighten the action screws to 60 in/lb per Tikka.

Whatever is wrong with your accuracy is not because the rifle suddenly went bad. Keep at it.~Andrew

• 2 years later...

I bought a T1x MTR last year and really like it, as an ex CZ452 owner I think they are about on par. but I prefer the T1's magazine and safety catch systems. The LOP is rather short and I fitted the extension kit and a rubber recoil pad as the original is smooth plastic and gives no shoulder adhesion. Also added the forend adaptor that widens and flattens the grip and the expanded pistol grip too. Plus a Kalix Teknik adjustable comb kit. All improve shootability, but on the downside they add a chunk of money and in truth Tikka should have put more effort into the stock design at factory, as it's pretty basic for what is otherwise a good rifle. Might have been better off looking for a second hand T1/T3 GRS Berserk or Bifrost.