Tikka TX1 MTR 22lr

No i deer

Are they outstanding or just the same as the rest.

I'm an avid 22lr fan and love my CZ452 varmint and subsonic ammo.

As any of you compared the two..??

Anschults has always been recognised as one of the best..

I do really like the tikka and it's concept.

Thoughts please 👍

2 hours ago, No i deer said:

Are they outstanding or just the same as the rest.

I'm an avid 22lr fan and love my CZ452 varmint and subsonic ammo.

As any of you compared the two..??

Anschults has always been recognised as one of the best..

I do really like the tikka and it's concept.

Thoughts please 👍

Same as rest.  

There just about on par with your 452 , which I for one rate as highly as the original sako finfire , 

both of the above rifles I have owned , the tikka I have a couple of mates who have them and have shot them loads , I did at one point think about buying one , just never got round to it . There were a couple of things I didn’t like on them but it was more due to do with my taste . 
like I have said , in my opinion the 425 American just beats it .

regards accuracy, the two tikkas I have used we’re no better than my old 452 American  varmint , that’s NOT ment to be a direct comparison as there far to many variables for it to be considered . 

Just an opinion. 

I’ve shot a 452 for years and will have put 1000’s of rounds down it. It’s is Purely a workhorse, and what a workhorse it has been. It is still very accurate and although been very much abused, has only ever stopped working properly when the chamber gets so full of crap, it won’t eject a case. Quick clean and off she goes again.

I Fancied a 452 precision trainer at first,  but decided on a t1x as a second rimmie, as I run a few t3’s already with aftermarket stocks, and I liked the fact I could swap around what I already had if I wanted.

I was a little disappointed as the bolt is no where near as slick as the t3’s, although it’s getting slightly better with more use, and the factory stock let’s it down badly. I find it very short.

My cz is in a synthetic stock and it’s nothing to write home about either, but for £500 on the tikka, I suppose there has to be a slight compromise somewhere.

Accuracy wise for me, I would say there is nothing in it. All will shoot well, it’s just down to ammo selection and finding a consistent ammo that suits your gun. Both mine shoot Winchester subs at around 1moa at 100 yards which suits me fine. 

If your using it for hunting and like a 10 shot mag, the tikka mag is better as it doesn’t stick in your back when over your shoulder on a sling like the cz does.

In my opinion, if you buy a tikka, at some point you will take advantage of it using the t3 foot print, and put it in an aftermarket stock at some point, where the cz, especially the walnut/laminate varmints have a very useable stock. 

Ive had my CZ 452 for about 20 years.. it too has seen 1000s and 1000s of shots and shoots as good as the day I bought it..

I have a 5 and 10 shot mag that does stick in your back 🤣

I've been contemplating the TX1 for ages as I've been a big fan of tikka having had a 595, a 695 and a T3 which has been 3 different calibres..

Hopefully I will get to have a few shots on one first.. 

I have 5 or 6 CZ's and have retired them all for a pair of T1X. I dropped one into a KRG chassis for our long range 22 matches, the other I left stock for hunting, Yes, you can find accurate .22's in all manufacturer's lists, but the Tikka is smooth, feels solid, and has the T3 trigger group. It is one of the most tolerant 22's I own with regard to switching ammunitions -and I have lost count, literally, of the number of 22LR I own. It will shoot the best with the best quality ammo, but I've shot some less than sterling ammo that has still screwed 10 shots into a ragged hole at 50M. The last was GECO "22LR Semi Auto" which is about $2 a box here. Cheap ammo. Excellent performance from the Tikka. A friend of mine also bought a T1X and showed me a group he shot with some old Federal hi speed that was marked .99 cents. PRobably 30 years old. All but one of 10 was cutting a hole at 50 yards. ON an earlier thread I posted a 10 shot group at 100 yards. You can look for it.~Andrew

Call me old fashioned I don’t like the idea of the barrel so short the bullet doesn’t  even get one full rotation before exiting the barrel. Most .22 LR are 1-16 Twist I believe. So with that in mind 16” would be the very shortest I would go. 
IIRC the tikka is a 1-16.5 twist so your call 

I do find it hard with the shorter barrels as I like to have a walk around in evening and do quite a bit of shooting off hand. I find it easier to keep that barrel still with a long 20 - 24” barrel. Whereas my mate is mustard with his little 16” Anni ! 
I can’t shoot it for toffee 😳

9 hours ago, No i deer said:

Thanks Andrew.

The only way to get very accurate 22 is to wade through the ammo and find what it likes...

I think i will send off for a variation to my FAC and keep my eye out for a second hand one 👍

My point: The Tikka seems to be ammo tolerant. Less wading!

I picked up some Norma Match and Norma TAC last night in Wyoming. I might give them a go if the weather doesn't turn to muck.

I have a 20 " barrel. I have never seen the shorter barrel in the US. 

I've posted this before but this is the last time I shot it for group at 100. ~Andrewt1x2.png.248dc418b6d6b7d2da43ecdcf9e45f2f.png

I was so sick of the CZ 22's that I didn't shoot them anymore, horrible stocks and ergonomics. I still have two left.

The T1X that can be fitted in any of my T3 stocks is fantastic. Shoot it almost every day.

5btBCZE.jpg

pCooul2.jpg

HNxHieE.jpg

Proper trainer rifle.

edi

1 hour ago, ejg223 said:

I was so sick of the CZ 22's that I didn't shoot them anymore, horrible stocks and ergonomics. I still have two left.

The T1X that can be fitted in any of my T3 stocks is fantastic. Shoot it almost every day.

5btBCZE.jpg

pCooul2.jpg

HNxHieE.jpg

Proper trainer rifle.

edi

Loving those stocks.

Almost went down the route of. The T1X and was going to enquire about 1.of your stocks to go with it. 

Might still go down that route if I cant get my anschutz to shoot properly

1 hour ago, ColinBR said:

Loving those stocks.

Almost went down the route of. The T1X and was going to enquire about 1.of your stocks to go with it. 

Might still go down that route if I cant get my anschutz to shoot properly

Funny you should say that, I had a pair of Anschutz in 22WMR and 22LR. Both were finicky to the point where "anchutz accuracy" was only available with one load for each gun. I finally got rid of them.~Andrew

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:27 AM, No i deer said:

Thanks Andrew.

The only way to get very accurate 22 is to wade through the ammo and find what it likes...

I think i will send off for a variation to my FAC and keep my eye out for a second hand one 👍

I bought an Anschutz 1417  deluxe stock in mint condition & with the scope,spare 10 shot mag, quality sling & Mod, it was cheaper than a new Tikka  ( sans mod,scope,sling )with plastic stock. I am well pleased every time i pick it out of the cabinet

On ‎1‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:35 AM, Popgun said:

I bought an Anschutz 1417  deluxe stock in mint condition & with the scope,spare 10 shot mag, quality sling & Mod, it was cheaper than a new Tikka  ( sans mod,scope,sling )with plastic stock. I am well pleased every time i pick it out of the cabinet

Very nice please post how you get on - just to clarify used mint Anschutz 64 plus used scope etc for same money as new tikka t1X new scope etc the same like for like does sound like a good deal but interested to know who would swap a T!X for an Annie 64 or vice versa? That's a question I could not answer for sure.