Advice for a .22 LR scope , informal BR and bunny bashing

One on top of two

For a good while now I have been using one of my rimfires as a training rifle  for my 6.5 CM  , 200 yards with a .22 LR gives me unbelievably similar ballistics to the 6.5 @1000 yards  .....  on a nice day 😂 .which is very handy for learning to cope with environmentals , and the obvious low cost and wear on the CF barrels . 

win... win 👍
just to add I my even make this my new trainer who knows .

very underrated, especially in the fun department 

The ultimate Rimfire scope for all uses is an old model  Leupold VX3 EFR. Super optics, focus from 10 yds to infinity, 1 inch tube which saves a lot of weight(very important in some classes of competitive shooting including Silhouette, which your rifle was designed for). Can be has found for half your budget. Some were even modified by Premier reticles for AIR rifle Field Target use with "Horus" type reticles.

8 minutes ago, fourtyvoats said:

The ultimate Rimfire scope for all uses is an old model  Leupold VX3 EFR. Super optics, focus from 10 yds to infinity, 1 inch tube which saves a lot of weight(very important in some classes of competitive shooting including Silhouette, which your rifle was designed for). Can be has found for half your budget. Some were even modified by Premier reticles for AIR rifle Field Target use with "Horus" type reticles.

You sir , are a gent ! 
im on it . 

OoToT

Agree with CF trainer idea, which is the reasoning for dropping my Annie MPR into the same stock as my CF’s, bit of a ‘faff’, ended up using a barrel block, but got there in the end.

And away from Op a bit:

NiD

Not all HV 22RF is poor, concur re. Stingers (spray’n’prey’ ) but R100 and surprisingly the CCI AR specific are pretty good. The bottom RH group is using the AR stuff in a bolt action, and interestingly the top LH is some of the new ‘plastic coated’ CCI clean, two rifles exhibited the same thing - take 2 shots to come on target after normal lubed ammo. Groups at 50 yards, not particularly careful shooting - down and dirty comparing ammo.

FE02F639-0A09-4FCF-8D53-28C88181C6A2.thumb.jpeg.28f19530161ad0adb81ff182adad966d.jpeg

if you wish to see some good groups have a look thru’ this thread (as much as I hate to link to US based stuff 😔) : https://forum.snipershide.com/threads/6x5-thread-v4-0-new-1-1-20.6253073/

Brgds T

6 hours ago, No i deer said:

I'd like too see some 100yds bughole groups with a 22 rimfire 🧐

I never use HV ammo.

I did try stingers once and they were a pike of poo..!!

When eley extra hollow subs were good I could get 1 inch groups

Have a look at this group.100 yrd with  Anschutz MPR 22lr  same as terrys  and my action  

36 minutes ago, No i deer said:

My CZ452 would cloverleaf most of the time at 55yds with the eley subs but they changed them from 40 to 38gr and there now the worst 22 subs ever.!!!!

42gr winnie subs are the best I found since..

NID .

you are 100% bang on about the new 38 grain  subs there shocking mate.  like you the old 40 grain where fantastic I used them for donkeys years , I too have moved over the to win subs and there not bad at all . 

I tend to use .22 match ammo nowadays which is Standard velocity ( 1080 fps give or take )when im using it as a trainer  and I've  never had a head shot bunny be able to tell the difference and I don't have to worry about the muzzle report  but in all fairness I don't shoot many with my .22 rimfire , its mainly rats .

I've not tried the Winnie sub on paper past 60yds but.ive had quite a few 80yd wood pigeons..

I only hunt with my 22 but we've  mentioned about shooting 100yds I will try out the 42 grainers that far. The old eley would do an 1inch most times

On 1/3/2020 at 1:37 PM, No i deer said:

My CZ452 would cloverleaf most of the time at 55yds with the eley subs but they changed them from 40 to 38gr and there now the worst 22 subs ever.!!!!

42gr winnie subs are the best I found since..

I had exactly the same issue and had bought a brick of 500 🤦🏻‍♂️

Great group at 80 yards. 

1 hour ago, No i deer said:

Just had a go at 80yds. Used a hold over point on the reticle. Wasn't sure I could thread the shots through to I only fired 2 shots from 80yds..!!

Im pleased with that 😎

20200104_160923.jpg

Bug holes mate ! 
see a little effort with these little rimmys works wonder , 

cracking shooting .

My 22 is my favourite rifle by far.. I also have a 7mm saum, a 284 and a 6.5x47..

Noisy bloody things 😆

I will try for 100yds next time..

It was a bit breezy out in the open so I went inside the wood to shield myself a bit from the wind

• 2 weeks later...