I just realised I posted Langford instead of Langport - senior moment 😖

I only heard about it on Monday when I was using Rifleman Firearms 100yd indoor range also in Langport for load development. 
The military range is 600 yards. It’s in Somerset in the Taunton area

I did suggest Yoxter as well. I was brought up very close to Yoxter and have had the opportunity to shoot there once with the Muzzle Loaders; I really enjoyed it. Langport is quite a bit south, nearer to Taunton. Never been there but would love to.

11 hours ago, No i deer said:

I think there's a range at Warminster. A mate used to go there occasionally.. it's either 900yds or 900m.. I can't remember the name of the range at the mo..

Yes Warminster is a stable ODRC range. However the issue for most Of us who work is that it’s only on Thursdays. Shame as it’s supposed to be a nice one.

Most ODRC ranges are located in the northern part of ‘The South’ or further north. So for those of us based around Bristol and South Wales, I’d certainly welcome the opportunity to shoot at Yoxter and Langport if they were available as Saturday shoots.

Warminster IR2 is 900 metres/1000 Yards

It's a great shoot except that Landmarc won't allow us to take vehicles to the shooting pointing to load/unload even though a good few shooters have mobility issues.

I'm self employed so the Thursday isn't a game changer and it's not a million miles from home.

22 hours ago, DaveT said:

Is the ban on taking cars to the point new?

Was not a problem last time I shot.

I sadly was unable to make the last shoot at Warminster thanks to a serious dose of Man Flu :( , but my mates that went said that they wouldn't let any one, presumably except the RCO, take a vehicle to the firing point despite one of the lads being physically disabled. On a personal level they were pretty pissed off with Landmarc's intransigence, who seem to see paying customers as a damned nuisance. Our views not necessarily those of our club.

• 2 weeks later...

Late post but Somerset County RA shoot at Langport 400, 500 and 600 for TR, vintage and F-class twice a month from March to November. Very friendly, and welcoming to new shooters.

scra.uk is their website.