Krg bravo

12 hours ago, Andrew said:

Good to hear. I just ordered one for my T1X 22LR to ready if for the long range 22 shoots.  I'm hoping they put the jets to my order and get it to me before the Christmas rush hits full bore.~Andrew

I'm sure you will like it. I'm seriously thinking of selling my sako quad so I can buy a tikka T1X and put another bravo stock on it. 

I use a simple bag too but have a monopod fitted to a Picantinny rail on the lower stock. I flit between the two using the folded monopod as a crude “bag rider” depending on the ground condition at the time.

This works for me but then I’m not trying to win competitions, just shoot well.

The cheek piece is solid once set but I recommend you fit something to get the right height set each time. I use some 303 case necks fitted onto the riser posts that I’ve trimmed to the right height, that way I just drop the cheek piece in and it finds the correct setting each time. Others use o rings.

I also filled my stock with lead. Out of the box it is quite light weight and I’m used to shooting heavy rifles. I used some strips of roof lead in the fore end, just locating in the cavity and fixed a simple aluminium plate where the spigot mount goes to keep them from inching out under recoil. I also filled the grip cavity with lead shot. Added about 2 lbs in total. There’s a guy in the states making brass fore end inserts for the Bravo stock, a google search will find him, these fix into the stock using the bolts that come with the stock and look really good. From memory though, he wants something like $50 for them + postage.

Will do. Went to the Cabela's store in the city yesterday to pick up a QD swivel attachment for the front and found some CCI Sub Sonic ammunition which has been a pretty solid performer in both of my T1Xs. (as well as others. YouTube) Since Cabela's seems to be phasing out shooting items -even in Montana- I bought the 400 rounds they had left on the shelf. I'll let you know how they work.~Andrew

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Will do. Went to the Cabela's store in the city yesterday to pick up a QD swivel attachment for the front and found some CCI Sub Sonic ammunition which has been a pretty solid performer in both of my T1Xs. (as well as others. YouTube) Since Cabela's seems to be phasing out shooting items -even in Montana- I bought the 400 rounds they had left on the shelf. I'll let you know how they work.~Andrew

Hi Andrew I look forward to seeing how they Work. I got the odd loud popping round with cci subsonic in 20" barrel t1x with sound moderator but decent accuracy otherwise.  

You called it. The CCI SubSonics had one round in 10 go supersonic and hit about .4" higher than the POA.  Otherwise, grouping was about .4 inches CTC. Federal Ultra Match (RWS) shot as well as i could, putting 8 or 9 of 10 into a bitty hole at 50 yards. The KRG stock was very comfortable to shoot and the added weight helped with follow through.~Andrew

KRG TIKKAT1Xred.jpg

23 hours ago, Andrew said:

You called it. The CCI SubSonics had one round in 10 go supersonic and hit about .4" higher than the POA.  Otherwise, grouping was about .4 inches CTC. Federal Ultra Match (RWS) shot as well as i could, putting 8 or 9 of 10 into a bitty hole at 50 yards. The KRG stock was very comfortable to shoot and the added weight helped with follow through.~Andrew

KRG TIKKAT1Xred.jpg

Hi Andrew. Thank you for feedback. Much the same results with CCI subs. I don't think we have Federal gold match here. Good shooting and I like what you have done with the T1X. UPS delivered my MDT LSS for my T1X today.

Steve 

I have had a look for "Contact" and can't come up with them. Perhaps they are branded differently for US markets. I shot SK Rifle Match yesterday and they were not only 100% subsonic, but my Tikka seemed to like them. Additionally, there was only a 10 round.....seasoning? of the bore to this ammo. My first 10 were still good, but the following groups were steadily excellent. (There is something mesmerizing about watching that bullet arc into the same hole as the previous round.) I watched a video on the T1X and the owners inability to get decent 50M grouping and got the impression that he was either cleaning his gun after every group, or shooting 10 of one brand, shooting ten of another, and so on. I know that when I switch from Eley-Primed Aguila Standard Velocity to Federal Ultra Match (rebranded RWS) it takes 20 or 30 rounds to 'settle in' the grouping. That equates to about $8 US spent in ammo to attain optimum grouping. IT was nice to see the SK ammo fall into place for about one US dollar.~Andrew

On 12/23/2019 at 2:07 PM, outlanda said:

Hi Andrew. Thank you for feedback. Much the same results with CCI subs. I don't think we have Federal gold match here. Good shooting and I like what you have done with the T1X. UPS delivered my MDT LSS for my T1X today.

Steve 

As a side note to the CCI Sub Sonic HP's: I adjusted the trigger on my girl friend's Ruger Precision yesterday and felt obliged to range test it. I used the CCI. At 50M the initial group was 1.5 inches. It took another 40 rounds before the groups settled into being acceptable and I know that switching back to Match ammunition (she likes the Federal/RWS) will require another handful of expensive cartridges. I normally don't clean the bore of a .22 but I might have to, post CCI usage. When we are talking $2/50 round ammo I don't care but when it's $14/50 or $22/50 it stings!

Did you get your T1X mounted up? ~Andrew

21 hours ago, Andrew said:

Did you get your T1X mounted up? ~Andrew

Morning Andrew. Yes the mdt lss is on my T1X. Now waiting for a change in weather to see what it can do. First try in awful conditions produced much the same results as factory plastic stock. Noticeable improvement in handling.

Have you found the ideal action screw torque setting in an upgraded stock?

Steve 

Good Morning Steve,

KRG stated 65 in/pounds and I used that. Seemed to work.

Like you, I don't think I'm getting better accuracy but I know I'm shooting the rifle better. Tried some Geco Semi Auto 22LR yesterday.  I was surprised that it grouped under half inch! At least the 10 shots I fired. (50 yards) Seven were in a .342" diameter hole. I guess I need to revisit this inexpensive ammo.~Andrew