Most consistent High / Hyper Velocity .22lr

Scrumbag

Big, bright target! I have a vintage Leupold Rimfire Gold Ring on the Brno. Very fine reticle. I think I bought the scope 2nd hand in 1982.

CCI Mini Mag 40 grain solid tip is my go-to now that Aguila has dropped Eley Priming. Their 40 grain "Super Extra" was some of the most consistent and accurate HV ammo I have shot. I shot cases of it and got that kind of accuracy. If I got a new .22 and it didn't shoot that Aguila well, I figured there was something amiss with the gun. (The 'Aguila Prime' ammo they sell now is so-so.)Now I use CCI Mini Mag. CCI Blazer 40 grain has been a fairly consistent performer as well. If you lived next door I'd toss you a box of the custom .22LR I had made to my spec by Aguila years back: Their 38 grain HP subsonic bullet at 1300 fps. SD of 4, match accuracy. Kills vermin like the Hand of God.  After 16 years I have just 12 boxes left. I don't know what I'm saving it for!~Andrew

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2019 at 3:13 PM, Andrew said:

Enjoy. I ordered a KRG "Bravo" stock last night for the Tikka T1X that I bought for match shooting.(Merry Christmas to Me)  I chose SAKO-green, of course....~Andrew

Did you like it as much as you thought. And is it congratualtions on MT getting constitutional carry?

Scrummy

I can't offer any useful comment at the moment

However I've ordered RWS R50, rifle match and club

I'm going to do cold bore and temperature related MV's, (their average and SD,s) together with vertical stringing @ 100m in order to build up dope for the kesler 570

Rifles they will be tested out of are as follow

Cz 452 20" barrel

R8 also 20" I believe

Vudoo 20" Kukri barrel

Will post on here if people are interested

1 hour ago, Scrumbag said:

Did you like it as much as you thought. And is it congratualtions on MT getting constitutional carry?

Scrummy

Very much! I love it. The rifle was extremely accurate  before I put it in the KRG, and remains so , but the ability to shoot a long course of fire at long distance has been improved. (We shoot out to  300M) Very comfortable for prone or even off a bench. In short: it make me shoot better.

Thanks on the Constitutional Carry kudos. It takes effect June 1. There is another bill before the House that would allow the State to ignore Federal mandates for gun control shpould ehty choose. That hit a procedural hiccup but I believe the Govenor will pass it eventually.~Andrew

On 2/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, Andrew said:

Very much! I love it. The rifle was extremely accurate  before I put it in the KRG, and remains so , but the ability to shoot a long course of fire at long distance has been improved. (We shoot out to  300M) Very comfortable for prone or even off a bench. In short: it make me shoot better.

Thanks on the Constitutional Carry kudos. It takes effect June 1. There is another bill before the House that would allow the State to ignore Federal mandates for gun control shpould ehty choose. That hit a procedural hiccup but I believe the Govenor will pass it eventually.~Andrew

Nice one my friend!

• 10 months later...
On 12/14/2019 at 11:03 AM, Scrumbag said:

That's good shooting Andy, especially with quite low mag!

Scrummy

Not if the green circle is 10" wide ....  (only joking)  :)

On 2/27/2021 at 6:37 AM, Scrumbag said:

Scrummy

Yes on both counts. I love the TX1 in the KRG. Shot it out past 400 yards last spring on open prairie, shooting at prairiedog-sized steel targets. ~Andrew

On 12/12/2019 at 11:08 PM, Scrumbag said:

HI folks,

What do people reckon is the most consistent copper "washed" / plated bullet which is quick in a .22lr?

Velocitor seems good, anyone else get any opinions about what is worth using both target and small game.

Scrummy

I find velocitor extremely accurate - as good as sk plus;  and unlike most of the other HV options, it’s still got high-ish bullet mass; so a serious step up in energy to most other offerings - the increased ‘kick’ is tangible. I really rate it.

• 2 weeks later...