I have been suffering from tendinitis which shows little sign of disappearing any time soon. I have found that the pistol grip on my Sabatti STR .308 play hell with it so am thinking about changing gun and given the nonsense coming from the MOD/DIO concerning restrictions on calibers I'm thinking that it may pay me to go for 6.5 Creedmoor given it will easily reach 1000 metres. Before J3A was cancelled on Saturday it had been suggested that my .300 Win Mag Sabatti MRR would be OK, but for how long? If they're limiting us to .762 will we be doing HME testing?

Nest problem, when I have my finances sorted and a variation is achieved, is what gun. My immediate desire would be a Sabatti MMR but I would like either a GRS or Form Rifle laminated stock for it. I have a Form Rifle Stock on my CZ527 and love it to bits. I am very impressed by the barrels on the two Sabattis I already have and love that the Multi Radial Rifling allows the barrels a far superior life than conventional rifling and really can not afford to re-barrel what ever rifle I buy. Do any other manufacturers have another version of MRR? The MRR barrels are also massively easier to clean! Sadly the Form Rifle Stocks don't make one for the Sabattis and the only way to fit one would be prohibitively expensive. Not sure about GRS, but have my doubts. I love the big heavy barrel of my .300 Win Mag and with my home made muzzle brake it has minimal recoil. The stock is fine to shoot with, but I don't like plastic.

I appreciate that here are other 6.5mm rounds, but there is a greater choice of rifles available for Creedmoor.

Any thoughts?