Jump to content
UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
PhilM

Varget

Recommended Posts

Anyone still using this?

I have switched exclusively to factory ammo for fox for my .223 T3, and am going to be starting reloading for my AR15 shortly, but starting from scratch I’ll pick up a tub of something available (RS52 for 69/77 TMKs?).

I have a tub and a half or so (will measure it when I’m back) of Varget if anyone in the Wiltshire/Cirencester/West Oxfordshire area is interested? (Maybe everyone has moved on by now?)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, PhilM said:

Anyone still using this?

I have switched exclusively to factory ammo for fox for my .223 T3, and am going to be starting reloading for my AR15 shortly, but starting from scratch I’ll pick up a tub of something available (RS52 for 69/77 TMKs?).

I have a tub and a half or so (will measure it when I’m back) of Varget if anyone in the Wiltshire/Cirencester/West Oxfordshire area is interested? (Maybe everyone has moved on by now?)

 

Price please.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yup still got a few tubs , not for sale tho . Or swaps . I probably go to RS too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, MJR said:

Dick Turpin not dead then.....

😁

Looking to retire very soon too, it would seem!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, banus02 said:

the op never replies any way ,just a wind up i think.!

I met PhilM several years ago......didn’t strike me as the type to wind anyone up, more likely ‘unavailable’ at the moment and unable to sign in to read the forum.

 

cheers

 

fizz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, banus02 said:

thank you ,i will move on now .

That’s reassuring. You quite often take things to heart and complain like billy’o after. 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Banus,

I did if you recall PM you back to advise it was being collected by another member, and if that fell through I’d contact you. 
 

I sent the same also to Brillo who also enquired.

A member on here did collect it and I thought £50 for very nearly two tubs full was a reasonable price. Not sure why Scotch Egg has been posting about excessive varget prices and Dick Turpin?

Anyways, it’s gone and inline with my original idea, to someone who has a pet Varget load they’d like to keep using! 

173061F7-036D-4F47-BCAE-1E6293594C4C.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, PhilM said:

Not sure why Scotch Egg has been posting about excessive varget prices and Dick Turpin?

Think it was just a tongue in cheek comment not directed at you - people have been trying to sell Varget for twice its cost and more in some various places since the REACH-thing happened.

£50 for 1.5 tubs was a steal for someone :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, GT3_richy said:

Think it was just a tongue in cheek comment not directed at you - people have been trying to sell Varget for twice its cost and more in some various places since the REACH-thing happened.

£50 for 1.5 tubs was a steal for someone :)

Correct richy. It’s getting a bit silly now. There are perfectly good alternatives that are available. I have seen some silly prices being advertised. 
 

@PhilM your prices were spot on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotch_egg said:

Correct richy. It’s getting a bit silly now. There are perfectly good alternatives that are available. I have seen some silly prices being advertised. 
 

@PhilM your prices were spot on. 

This!

Varget in the US is one of the most popular powders in the 6mm Dasher. Silly in all ways trying to cling onto Varget here - its gone.

Substituted 4166, obtaining near identical velocities per grain as Varget is advertised in delivering and from my memories of Varget a lot less carbon.

T

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In .308 I get near identical performance to Varget with N140 (155 Lapua).  Can't say I've ever been a Varget fan-boy,  I find N140 to be cleaner.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

good afternoon all, perhaps this can now be closed as the powder has been sold and further comments would have no value.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, banus02 said:

good afternoon all, perhaps this can now be closed as the powder has been sold and further comments would have no value.

What a strange statement/comment? 🙄 (That’s a  rhetorical statement BTW!)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, terryh said:

What a strange statement/comment? 🙄

+1,  very odd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy