6.5 Creedmoor - real world velocities

MJR

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting..............so what's the advantage of the Creed over the 6.5x47 ? 

I get 136grain Scenar "L"'s going accurately at 2920fps using RS60 in my std 6.5x47.................

Pete

55 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

Interesting..............so what's the advantage of the Creed over the 6.5x47 ? 

I get 136grain Scenar "L"'s going accurately at 2920fps using RS60 in my std 6.5x47.................

Pete

Has that got a 48” barrel?

1 hour ago, Deserttech Europe said:

Mike .....what are you thinking of???

remember God shoots a .243

Yes he does and I also have a lot of time for the 243 and I don't believe it gives anything away to the newer hot 6's, least not any margin that I can sensibly exploit. The one issue i'm having is spotting missed shots(yes I admit I miss sometimes 😀) on what I can only describe as 'dumb' targets that give little to no splash. There is also less report for a hit at extended range wit the 6mm.

From observation the heavier 6.5 cal bullets seem to help a little in this respect. That's why i'm looking at 6.5 and from what I can see in the main from real world users the creedmoor is not offering huge velocity gains over the 47. I already share a 47 with my son but its a right hand bolt so it would seem sensible to stay with 47. Or look at the next step up in performance and cartridge size. Then I think you are entering the realms of recoil V ballistics and ability to spot fall of shot unless used in a heavier rifle which I want to avoid.

Interesting that the trend in the US seems to be a move toward 6mm though for PRS comps?