Tictac .223 F-Class Build

Gungrinner

You might be interested in this if you shoot at Bisley..................they're trialling the Shotmarker electronic target system. Attached is a screenshot off the tablet.

The system measures the velocity as the bullet passes through the target, which is nice. Centre blob where it shows "5" is the velo of last shot, right hand blob shows av velocity for 10 shots + the group size..

6.5x47 at 500yds a couple of weeks ago. It has done better...............dunno why the error message showe, maybe a faulty connection. Techies soon fixed it.

Pete

DSC01532 647 238 RS52 500.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Was that the Kongsberg system? That's also good.......you can get a printout while u wait.

We just got back from a nice morning at 300yds. I've been waiting for weeks for a decent weather window, and I booked this morning's session at 15.00 yesterday afternoon!

No-one appeared to be using the Intarso's at 600yds.............

Pete

I was getting some strange vertical fliers with intarso's this week at 600 on target 44.  Shots were up and down as much as 1.5 moa. Never had that before with the same batch of ammo. Some shots not picked up at all with ggg 69g ammo I had a go with. Need to do some more testing on a calm day.

We've had similar dodgy results. I hear the F-class guys are very reluctant to use them now, as am I............... It's an expensive waste of time and money if you can't trust the feedback.

Pete

Slightly OT but a word of caution about the electronic targets. 

If you accidentally damage them, you may be in for a big bill.

A fellow marker told me one of his clients took out one of the mikes, and Bisley charged him  £600 for the damage. I've never heard of that with the manual targets. 

It's probably in Bisley's  t&c but worth pointing out. 

25 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

A fellow marker told me one of his clients took out one of the mikes, and Bisley charged him  £600 for the damage. I've never heard of that with the manual targets. 

A Shotmarker Electronic Target replacement parts costs:

842629078_Screenshot2020-03-10at16_24_27.thumb.png.62b54f93f74a40281cd7631f0be27884.png

16 hours ago, Private Marker said:

The mikes are in each corner of the frame. If you can hit one of them whilst aiming at the centre, then you probably shouldn't be using the electronic targets anyway.

• 5 months later...
On 1/10/2020 at 9:35 AM, Gungrinner said:

Completion date received so in preparation I have purchased some plinking ammo and loaded some testers.  

62grn federal 

80grn eld match in starline brass with n140. (seating depth to be sorted when I get my hands on the rifle)

IMG_20200110_084157.jpg

IMG_20200110_084215.jpg

IMG_20200110_085534.jpg

Will those 80 grainers feed from the aics mag ?