Tictac .223 F-Class Build

Gungrinner

After many hours of research,  deliberation and cogitation I have managed to find an action for my .223 build.  I hope to use the rifle for 300,600 and 800, 1000 when the conditions allow.  Action has been delivered to my rfd and the barrel is on order. The waiting game begins!!      (could be a long wait but in or around Christmas would be nice) 

Barrel spec

Sassen button rifle

28" screw cut

1-7 ( I want to use the heavy Berger bullets)

Throat to suit long bullets

More build info to come

20191009_113243.jpg

20191009_113310.jpg

My 223 is a Tikka M595 with a 30" 8 twist barrel.............good fun at 1000 with 26 grains RS52 and 80 grain SMK's or JLK's on a calm day...........

Pete

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, Woodlander said:

Be interested in how it shoots.  
Will you get it cerakoted?

Why did you choose a buttoned barrel?

I was advised the barrels where good value and from a British company. Leaving barrel bead blasted for now but could refinish later on. I hope to keep updating post with load dev when I get the rifle. 

How does one set the barrel bore to run at zero run out in a three jaw Chuck prior to any machining ?

No problem, I didnt see the Set Tru ajustment in the image, thanks for clearing it up, the six jaw Set Tru is sublime to use

Afraid I do not trust "social media" so have no face book

• 1 month later...

That's an MV of approx 3200 fps with an 80 grain bullet...............can I ask what powder/bullet you're using to get that?

Pete

OK, I started at the beginning this time 😁   How did you arrive at a speed of 1300 fps at 1000 yds with N140? I ran this through Quickload, assuming a 100% fill, and it didn't get anywhere near.

I'm interested because I have a 223 M595 with a 30" barrel, and I've had a lot of fun shooting it at 1000yds. I use RS52 powder which gives me an MV of 3050 with an 80 grain SMK, just about supersonic at 1000yds on a good day.

Pete

11 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

OK, I started at the beginning this time 😁   How did you arrive at a speed of 1300 fps at 1000 yds with N140? I ran this through Quickload, assuming a 100% fill, and it didn't get anywhere near.

I'm interested because I have a 223 M595 with a 30" barrel, and I've had a lot of fun shooting it at 1000yds. I use RS52 powder which gives me an MV of 3050 with an 80 grain SMK, just about supersonic at 1000yds on a good day.

Pete

I ran the numbers through the hornady ballistic app

80eldm.PNG