Ward 800s NV with the Solaris Laser IR.

22cf

I have recently upgraded my Blacksun Ruby IR with a Solaris laser..... OMG the difference was totally amazing.

The ruby was a decent torch but when compared to the Solaris it’s like comparing Liverpool FC with Burton Albion.

I’ve tried numerous set ups including Zeiss, Schmidt and Bender, Sightron, MTC with Photons, Ward800s and the Ward800L.

I’ve now got the Hawke Sidewinder 6-24x56 with the Ward800s, it easily and very very clearly identifies foxes at 400yds, I’m blown away with it. This is the best set up I’ve ever used and I can not recommend it highly enough.

In addition I’ve dumped my nightmaster multi angle torch mount and am now using a 30mm optiloc ring with plastic insert and picatinny base attached to the tube ring picatinny converter, this torch mount is absolutely rock solid and very repeatable for alignment when remounted.

• 2 weeks later...

I have used a Ward800S and Solaris SRX on a Swarovski Z5 5-25x52 and have been very impressed with the clarity of the image. Rabbits at 250+ yards are exceptionally clear, but the Swarovski only allows full focus from about 180ish yards minimum, so anything closer is a bit blurry.