Yet another T3

Without a doubt, 2019, has been the year of the good old T3.

Never known as many. Not hard to understand, its a damn good action, that makes a very nice custom rifle, with the right bits.

The customer sent his old gun down for a calibre change. This is now a 6.5 Creedmoor.

XsLbvle.jpg

The barrel is a sassen 1-8" twist, and finished with an M18 x 1 thread and invisible cap, and an 11 degree target crown.

TTiD2OP.jpg

The rail is a 20 MOA unit, and the barrelled action is done in Cerakote OD Green.

Bolt shaft is bead blasted.

Paint and DLC always wears on a bolt shaft....a simple fact of life. The customer wanted a more durable finish.

Bead is actually a polish....which is why it should never be used under paint.

Coupled with a wipe of oil, and cerakote on the action, you have the absolute slickest of bolts there is. Like a greased weasel.

x1ofLbl.jpg

The stock is a McMillan A5. Into this went a Tier one floor plate, with my customary bedding, holding it in position, with aluminium pillars sandwiched in-between.

The action was then bedded into the top, and the two beds meet and lock together. This gives an absolute rock solid action/floorplate, that is never going to move anywhere, regardless of how enthusiastic you get with the allen keys.

I like to paint the insides, simply because I think it looks nice, and shows a bit of extra care.

o3lyEyM.jpg

edxz0s6.jpg

Finished with a 5 round Accuracy International magazine, and the customers own ASE Northstar mod.

LwzS657.jpg

Its Lovely, the only thing i would change is the paddle that releases the mag, i have the same floor plate and paddle or latch if you like on my T3, it keeps snagging on stuff if your carrying it about and the mag drops out, i removed mine and trim the sides down , i  also made it a tad longer because the mag wobbled about to much for my liking and reapplied cerakote.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/15/2019 at 2:38 PM, chaz said:

British Engineering at its best!

Indeed.  Baldie's Cerakoting is perfection indeed and the T3s are superb rifles, and when coupled with a British Sassen barrel, I can't imagine anything better.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wonder how many rifle dave has re-barreled as a std ? Probably over 1k ??

• 6 months later...