Nick 53

Hi, 

Spent a very wet day at Diggle today, enjoyed the day being out with benchrest group. Downside totally piss wet through with constant rain today. Any recommendations for a total waterproof jacket and trousers? I believe 10000 mm is guidelines or even higher quality. 

Thanks nick 

Sailing gear is totally waterproof.  Try Decathlon as their range is good value and good quality.   I've used it in appalling Scottish weather for hours on end and stayed cozy and dry.  Just don't try walking any distance as it's not exactly breathable!

They don't do camo though....

• 3 weeks later...

After much searching and reading Gortex 3 in 1 jacket sealed seams and pants again sealed seams. From Mountain warehouse. RRP £350 sale £150.00 2 yr warranty. Can't wait to try them out. 

Thanks nick 

10 hours ago, Nick 53 said:

After much searching and reading Gortex 3 in 1 jacket sealed seams and pants again sealed seams. From Mountain warehouse. RRP £350 sale £150.00 2 yr warranty. Can't wait to try them out. 

Thanks nick 

What brand is that Nick? I have two Mountain Warehouse stores near me and none of the clothing is gortex.

Hi all. 

My apologies the jacket and pants I purchased from Mountain warehouse are Not Gortex. They are 3_1 jackets Bracken Extreme 3_1mens waterproof jacket. Rated 10, 000mm waterproof and 5,000g breathable. Taped seams totally waterproof. 

Sorry I wrote Gortex when they aren't Gortex. 

Thanks nick 

Final note. 

Mountain warehouse Zenith Extreme II mens jacket 3-1 is I believe the next one up from the Bracken Extreme 3_1mens jacket. 

Thanks nick