Restrictions on MoD Ranges

3 hours ago, meles meles said:

We've never yet missed the hill there ! Even hit the 1 mile target when we had a go with Popsbengo's rifle...

But not the milk bottle ! 

Twice

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Popsbengo said:

Marc should do you a special badge for BP to a mile!  Take a protractor and plumb-bob to set the elevation for plunging fire. The bullet will be coming down at not far from vertical 😁

Do make a video to share.

I reckon a flask of soup and some warm clothing....... I rekon I could be a while 😂

OOTOT

Bit off OP, if you ‘are’ going for a mile and have not done so before you might want to take something to put on the top of the stock - your cheek will be well clear and it makes shooting ‘funny’ with your head floating above the stock 😩

I’ve a nice custom mould 530g elliptical PP and Seth Cole in 2 weights from a previous project if you’re interested in trying some?

796BA62F-576E-4B17-9693-A77071B16391.thumb.jpeg.33c9af05ce155584ba016fe5c114e907.jpeg 

Brgds Terry

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any new information regarding this subject?  The NRA were scheduled to meet with DIO, nothing on their website so far.

The ban also includes pistol calibers, .38/357/44 etc etc, and blackpowder burners too, because most of them exceed the caliber rating. I can't see any of these rounds causing damage to backstops, so I would really like to know what's going on.

Altcar and Seeland ranges have also imposed the ban, so I suspect it is going to end up being a 'temporary' national ban.

I went on Saturday  to Stoney Castle and had a great day! Has a bit of a busman's holiday down the butts  :)

As for the ban of certain calibres and black powder, I'm not sure how the MOD could police this.

I didn't see anybody from Landmarc or the MOD all day. I suppose they could do spot checks. 

6 minutes ago, Private Marker said:

I went on Saturday  to Stoney Castle and had a great day! Has a bit of a busman's holiday down the butts  :)

As for the ban of certain calibres and black powder, I'm not sure how the MOD could police this.

I didn't see anybody from Landmarc or the MOD all day. I suppose they could do spot checks. 

The RCO is responsible.  It would be very serious to ignore Range Orders

1 hour ago, Popsbengo said:

The RCO is responsible.  It would be very serious to ignore Range Orders

👆this ! 
just to add , if you or someone from your club gets caught out by landmark you may find your club will be banned from  booking future range dates  or just banned .This is what I was told by a landmark employee . last week . 

love them or hate them . Rules are rules ! 

17 hours ago, One on top of two said:

👆this ! 
just to add , if you or someone from your club gets caught out by landmark you may find your club will be banned from  booking future range dates  or just banned .This is what I was told by a landmark employee . last week . 

love them or hate them . Rules are rules ! 

The way they treat us one could be forgiven forgetting that we are their customers and as tax payers have funded and continue to fund these bloody ranges in the first place.

I take the view that as the holders of an FACs and  SSCs we have already had to prove that we are responsible above the average and are trying to put money back into the public pot and make better use of tax payers infrastructure and as such should be treated with more respect than we are.

8 minutes ago, Ralpharama said:

odrcmembership@gma

The way they treat us one could be forgiven forgetting that we are their customers and as tax payers have funded and continue to fund these bloody ranges in the first place.

I take the view that as the holders of an FACs and  SSCs we have already had to prove that we are responsible above the average and are trying to put money back into the public pot and make better use of tax payers infrastructure and as such should be treated with more respect than we are.

👍 totally agree but. Regardless of my views I still have to play by the rules. 

3 hours ago, Ralpharama said:

odrcmembership@gma

When you put it that way, it makes Bisley look a better option. 

Another thing to bear in mind is, if you ever get to shoot at Bisley, you'll likely never want to shoot anywhere else.................

Pete

2 minutes ago, Re-Pete said:

The big problem is, if you shoot at Bisley, you'll never want to shoot anywhere else.................

Pete

Not true for me, Pete.  It's only 1,200yds at Bisley I believe. 

I've just been told the calibre restrictions and black-powder ban at Kingsbury has been lifted.  Also HME can resume in the normal manner.

Good news but I'm waiting on confirmation.  Nothing on the NRA website as yet.

2 hours ago, Popsbengo said:

I've just been told the calibre restrictions and black-powder ban at Kingsbury has been lifted.  Also HME can resume in the normal manner.

Good news but I'm waiting on confirmation.  Nothing on the NRA website as yet.

That’s good news Pops! What’s the source is it available to us riff raff?

1 minute ago, SMLE said:

That’s good news Pops! What’s the source is it available to us riff raff?

I count myself as a fully paid up member of the riff-raff!

no sources to share (should it be in error) at this time - just a very solid rumour as yet

6 minutes ago, Popsbengo said:

I count myself as a fully paid up member of the riff-raff!

no sources to share (should it be in error) at this time - just a very solid rumour as yet

I’m not payed up to be honest, riff raff just seems to be my natural position. A bit like Ronnie Corbett in that famous class sketch.... “I know my place” 😀

OCRD were due to shoot on J3a (Sennybridge) this Saturday. Unfortunately it’s since been cancelled (MOD use) but the calibre restriction had also been lifted on it.

Was very much looking forward to taking the .338 boomer out for a play. 😭

But the good news might be that the ban is slowly being lifted. Will be interested to see if this extends to other ranges in time.