RS76

Catch-22

1 hour ago, John MH said:

Got some for my 33XC & 300NM not tried it yet though.

John - I’m sure you’d said somewhere you had been using RS80 in your .330NM as well as me in the bigger brother?

If so, how did you get on with RS80?

I managed to quickly find loads that grouped into 0.2” and 0.3” with an SD of around 5-7fps. Below are some 5 shot groups during load dev. I’ve yet to alter seating depth as I don’t think there is much need.

Following that I bought 10KG of RS80 but still intrigued about RS76 as it’s more inline with H1000. However I’ve read from numerous sources that H1000 is just a tad too fast for the .338NM and heavy bullets, more suited to the 250gn rather than the 285gn and 300gn.

What do you plan to shoot in the 33XC?

BFD93948-1382-43C7-9315-294C22E548BE.jpeg

97CD6FE0-CF5D-4F9F-ABC4-CD92325E879E.jpeg

I was told by several experts that 20 odd feet per second you wouldn't notice on a very accurate load at 1000yds, i tried a very accurate load out that had an ES of 23fps at 1000yds and it comfortably shot 0.5 minute and my first 7 or 8 shots were sub 0.5 minutes so i believe that statement to be true....

Nice groups catch....!!!

Nothing to fix there 👍

Not sure at what range would be when the ES becomes more crutial.

So many other variables in the mix 🤔

Not had any problems with RS80 other than that my V2 Autothrower did not like it. I got some RS76 as its supposed to be optimised for .338 size case. I have a good stock of Warner Tool Company Flatline solids, 198 grains for the .300NM and 285 grains for the 33XC, all with Tubb Ring Modification.

• 1 year later...

Hi John 

Glad to see you're shooting my same calibers and powder was wondering if you can share some info about the RS80 in the 33Xc. Just have a brand new build in 33Xc and 34 inch barrel 300gr OTM Bergers and need to do some load development.

Would also appreciate your experience with the 300NM been shooting 230gr Bergers at 3100fps with  N570 but ready to try the RS.

Thanks again and look forward to hearing from you.

Robert