PRB: What the Pros Use - 6BR/6BRA/6BRX/6DASHER/6Creedmoor/6.5Creedmoor/6x47Lapua/6.5x47Lapua/6XC

Catch-22

Thanks for that info catch.

It would of been nice to of seen the 139gr scenar in amongst the other 6.5cal bullets,I'm 100 percent sure there better than the ELD match bullets, maybe now nammo is part of Berger they may become more popular,in all fairness the Berger hybrids will take some beating in any calibre..

I don't use them in my 6.5x47 as I like the scenars and they are way cheaper and I use them in snapshooting details like 200 and 300yds McQueens and 600,900 and 1000yds snaps... 

WTPU's is a good read but common powders, Varget etc. quoted are not UK so bit limited, the bullet and primer data is though applicable and a good/helpful starting point.

I'm waiting on a 6mm Dasher and the most common bullet and primer listed are, by coincidence, also my starting points, powder is the only issue, Varget being the powder of choice US end, thinking IMR 4166 might work and off the shelf here?

T

• 1 month later...

I shoot 6.5x47 (123 and 136 grain Scenars with RS 50 and RS 60 respectively), 6BR (105 Scenars with RS 52), and 6x47 (115 DTAC's and 105 Scenars with RS 62.)

Pete

• 2 months later...