Send It Series Competition

Marc Gardner

For those of you who may have missed out shooting at Eskdalemuir 2 Mile Range we have organised a new series which will comprise shooting upto 10 stages, over various barricades. This is a one-day competition with the opportunity to extend your visit to have a play over the full 2 mile range capacity on the Sunday for a modest fee.  Rules etc are in the process of being published, and the website is being built as we speak, however the basic format is as follows:

Open Rifle - upto 30 cal, no limits on spend

Factory Rifle - upto £2500 retail for the rifle, no limits on scope cost

.22 Rimfire - self explanatory?

within those 2 basic categories will be  Mens, Ladies and Juniors to start with depending on entries this may be extended to Disabled etc.

The idea is to utilise a similar format to the National Rifle League in the US and make this a much more open and family friendly event, with entry fees being kept low yet still offering a full package day of food, refreshments and plenty of craic!

Squads on each stage will be mixed between larger calibres and .22's, shooting from the same barricades but at different targets. All juniors will be allowed coaching on the firing point, either from a family member of another designated shooter within the squad to maximize their enjoyment and promote learning. Teams are permitted but will have a maximum of 3 members.

This is our first event in this series but we hope to take it countrywide in the future, enabling those interested to get a foothold in the series at a local event instead of having to travel excessively so watch this space! In the meantime there will be 4 events on our calendar at Eskdalemuir 2 Mile Range next year, dates to be confirmed shortly.

senditseries ad.png

• 3 weeks later...

Well done to Srvet and Ben from the site for first place and third respectively at this competition.

Both shooting 6.5x47 Lapua which shows the calibre is very much alive and viable for Precision Rifle Shooting

A great day out Marc! Thanks once again for all your teams efforts. The shoot really was a great way to introduce people to PRL shooting. As an example for others, we had Jonathan on our detail  who I don’t think had shot PRL style before. Armed with a factory 308 with single 3 round mag, he stuck to and single fed his remaining rounds to complete every stage. I think it is fair to say he had a bit of a slow start due to inadequate drop data but once we got that sorted within the squad he was whacking the plates regularly and ended up with a good score and a bigger smile. The 22 class also looked good fun and I may even have a go at that myself next time. It was possible to shoot both comps on the same detail!  It just goes to show that you don’t need much gear to take part. For those who have not experienced Eskdalemuir, all I can say is that it is well worth the trip!! 

Many thanks once again