Sad news: Bradders.

brown dog

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only met Mark once but he was shooting and it was impressive.

i didn't always agree with him but I liked the way he cut through the BS and stuck to his own view on here.

RIP Mark 

that which promotes growth and vigour ! 

Only spoke ( via txt) with him a couple of weeks ago about obtaining some GGG .223 brass that he had loads of.

He rebarreled both my main rifles & I was even out today shooting with one. 

Great bloke, will be sadly missed.

Mark was one of life’s straight shooters.....i have been lucky enough to have known him for the past few years and he added a couple of rifles to my collection

Will miss his outlook on life and his sarcasm...

Sleep well mate.!!!!!!!!

I'm heading towards my bottle of Scotch this very minute and will caress my Bradley Arms rifles as the evening wears on - beyond chuffed that he started putting together my 300blk in his last weeks and I cannot wait to start CSR with it, and my GAU-5 .223, this coming season.

RIP Mark, I'll raise a glass and another to you!

I first met Mark over twenty years ago at the birth of what was to become CSR, we had shot with smellies before in LERA matches and here we were about to shoot alongside the army with the aid of Pete Bloom who had made it possible.  Mark had a converted AR15 while a lot of us had No.4's, we all thought using an AR15 was a bit gamey at the time...or was it envy? 

One of Mark's greater achievements which appears to be overlooked in the wake of his death was overcoming the glaucoma in his shooting eye. He simply started using the other eye and shoulder by building a left handed AR and recorded some very commendable scores with it in the process.  

Yes he could be infuriating to some but his generosity knew no bounds, I turned up for a CSR shoot a couple of years ago and he just gave me 150 rounds of RG to shoot the match with. He also once accused me of invading his country; (he was a native of Belfast) after a few short words we agreed to our own style of Good Friday agreement which I have to say appears to have lasted better than the one Tony Blair put his name to! 

I never met the man but his advice was always free, be it dipped in marmite for some,

respect where its due,

i have lit a candle for him and his family to stand next to my brother in law who has also passed, i hope they both are having a beer together up top,

RIP Bradders/Roly.

bob.

On 8/18/2019 at 4:32 PM, brown dog said:

Larger than life. Honest to a fault.  I'm quite saddened. He'll be missed.

We are diminished.

I think that about sums it up.

Hope the CSR lot do something appropriate to remember him.

Cheers Bradders, farewell and good travels, Sir...

19 minutes ago, Rem Imperri said:

RIP Mark, He was always willing to help out someone new to the sport, and always a straight shooter, both with words and a rifle. Needless to say many of us shoot straighter because of his gunsmithing as well. 

Indeed.

During the CSR Imperial, on what was probably one of the hottest days of the competition and when he was clearly feeling and looking awful, Mark was seen in the middle of the Century 300 yd car park adjusting triggers on rifles which hadn't passed the strictly enforced trigger weight test.  The 3 or 4 that I saw him do needed the whole trigger blocks to be taken out, dismantled and the springs manually adjusted/bent and then reassembled, not a job for an amateur in the middle of a car park and immediately before a competition.  And it wasn't only Bradley built rifles that he was working on, in fact most I saw weren't Bradley Arms rifles.  But it didn't matter who the punters had bought their rifles from, Mark made sure that the shooters could legitimately shoot in the CSR competitions.

What a man.  A legend and as others have said, one of the most honest, straight speaking and decent people that I've ever known.  

And the Bradley Arms company will live on.  Mark (and others) has trained up a bright young engineer, who is also one of the top CSR shots, to keep the quality and reliability of BAR continuing.

RIP Mark. I never met him in person, I am a  bit far from Bisley to be one of the crowd. I had contact with him off and on over the years buying a few items and in 2017 a new barrel for my Sako stalking rifle. As others have posted, he was very helpful with advice and straight as a die to deal with. My Sako is the work of a craftsman, a pleasure to shoot and will serve me as his memorial for a long time to come. Fly high Mark, may any God you held in your heart be with you. 

http://www.bradleyarms.co.uk/category/bolt-guns