Bolt knob replacement

Hi all I’m looking to get the bolt on a Howa turned down and preferably a longer tapered knob put on. Any recommendations regarding whom to go to ??.

You can get a clamp on fake bolt knob from most folks who supply Howa’s. I bought one about a year ago as £34 seemed worth a gamble.

I think it works great. There is no wobble or slack if you tighten the two halves together correctly and I’ve been surprised to have a couple of people tell me I’ve got a nice knob.....!

Got mine from Livens in Burton, but as I say, you can pick them up all over. Cheaper than a bolt conversion and works just as well in my humble opinion.

3 hours ago, SMLE said:

You can get a clamp on fake bolt knob from most folks who supply Howa’s. I bought one about a year ago as £34 seemed worth a gamble.

I think it works great. There is no wobble or slack if you tighten the two halves together correctly and I’ve been surprised to have a couple of people tell me I’ve got a nice knob.....!

Got mine from Livens in Burton, but as I say, you can pick them up all over. Cheaper than a bolt conversion and works just as well in my humble opinion.

Cheers for that 

Yeah  I’ve seen them and the rubber slip on 🙄 ball type which actually ain’t that bad in use but I was wanting to get the end turned down, threaded and a proper screw on type done. I guess there are plenty of gunsmiths/rifle builders out there more than capable of doing it but was just wondering if anyone had good or bad experiences with any in particular. 

• 2 months later...