The 'Paradox Gun' is reborn - in Russia

Laurie

There's nothing new under the sun in firearms they say ..... and the Russians have reinvented the British 19th Century 'Paradox' form (smoothbore barrel with the last few inches before the muzzle rifled). Of course, anything's possible when it is driven by suitably wacky firearms laws.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/05/24/new-russian-cartridge-366-magnum/

• 1 year later...
8 hours ago, Desmond said:

Bit of a necromantic bump here... But would this be considered legal here?

Or failing that, Could a 24" .223 unrifled-barrel make an AR15 considered a S1-Semi Automatic shotgun?

im trying to think why you would want a 223 semi auto shotgun  (even though i think i might ) .  100 yard CSR maybe ??

On 1/16/2021 at 9:32 PM, Dellboy said:

im trying to think why you would want a 223 semi auto shotgun  (even though i think i might ) .  100 yard CSR maybe ??

Good for training within 50yds, i.e a lot of "tactical" disciplines.

Hopefully someone who knows a bit more will see this thread and chime in, I can't seem to get any idea from around the internet regarding it's legality. Legal definition of a shotgun doesn't seem to mention the projectiles, and even so, FAC shotguns can be given with slugs?