UKV - The Place for Precision Rifle Enthusiasts
Jayjay1

3-in-1 - all weather - jacket for LR shooting?!

Hey guys,

I´m searching for a jacket for all weather conditions to stay shooting no matter what.

Strong layers on the shoulders, ellbows, butt area wouldn´t hurt I guess?

What do you use?

Any recommendations?

JJ

What sort of shooting stalking or range?

My ‘from the hip’ reply would be go layered so not one item, as I’ve found the ‘multi purpose’ normally means ‘multi useless’

T

Take a look at a good outdoor/walking shop there should be plenty of stuff that meet your requirements without the added 'shooting stuff' price tag

The British Army sniper smock is absolutely perfect .....apart from being in Dpm.Padded elbows ,shoulder s , pretty warm, windproof . 

If you can live with Dpm it's the one to go for . On the plus side ,nobody will see you wearing it 🙂

I suppose you could bleach it and just dye it green ? ....or be like me and can't be arsed 

Gluv 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

2 hours ago, Gluv said:

The British Army sniper smock is absolutely perfect .....apart from being in Dpm.Padded elbows ,shoulder s , pretty warm, windproof . 

If you can live with Dpm it's the one to go for . On the plus side ,nobody will see you wearing it 🙂

I suppose you could bleach it and just dye it green ? ....or be like me and can't be arsed 

Gluv 🇬🇧🇬🇧🇬🇧

I second that. 

I brought one for about £18 And it's spot on. 

Only thing is it's not waterproof. 

Hi. 

I purchased a 3-1 jacket from Mountain warehouse. £99.99. Its waterproof rating is 25000 in khaki. Might be worth checking the website. 

Thanks nick 

Arktis Defender, I spent a few hours lying prone in the snow at -4° and never felt cold, although for general shooting a snipers smock would be ideal and just buy a cheap waterproof to put over it when the rain comes