Diggle Egg Shoot

The Gun Pimp

It's Egg Shoot time again - or it will be in one month - i.e. May 27th Bank Holiday Monday.

Having run the shoot for 20 years, it's now time for me to hand over the Shoot to the Marsdens - Jim and Mary.  To commemorate the start of this new era, Jim & Mary have commissioned an 'Egg Breaker' patch which, in addition to the usual egg breaker bounty of £100 will be given to all egg breakers.

Not only that - the unique patches will be retrospectively awarded to previous egg breakers from the last 20 years.  I've compiled a list of 20 names I have on record but, in case I've left you off, please let me know if you are a past egg breaker. (Email me on targetshooteronline@icloud.com) It would be great if you could collect your patch in person on the day - and try and win another!  

If you've never done the Egg Shoot why not give it a try - it's a simple competition with virtually no rules or restrictions - any rifle, rest or scope - as long as you can carry your equipment to the firing-point single-handed you're good to go. Only 10 rounds required. (One rifle only and no sharing rifles). Awards for best group/score at 100, 300 & 500 yds and best factory rifle.

egg shoot patch.jpg

This is the results from the egg shoot last year, 26 shooters and only one egg breaker (my 14 year old son with a standard Ruger PR in 6.5 Creedmoor), he also managed a 1" group at 300yrds (beat his father hands down and I was using an AI AT in .308 [goes to show it's how you shoot not what you shoot]).

It is a fantastic day out, great fun and good company, doesn't matter is you shoot a factory rifle or a full custom rifle, bipod (which my son used) or a full benchrest set up.

Why not come and have a go?

2018 Diggle Egg shoot.JPG

Have a good day guys - can’t make it unfortunately  

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/4/2019 at 8:57 PM, geek said:

This is the results from the egg shoot last year, 26 shooters and only one egg breaker (my 14 year old son with a standard Ruger PR in 6.5 Creedmoor), he also managed a 1" group at 300yrds (beat his father hands down and I was using an AI AT in .308 [goes to show it's how you shoot not what you shoot].

Yes, something I'm a firm believer in