Same bullet in 2 rifles 230fps difference!!!!

Gentlemen.Have bought a Tikka T3x Lite in 22.250 for night vision work.Previous rifle was Sako 591 and with 55 grain Sierra blitzkings and 36.5 grains of Varget was chronoed at 3620(Olher).This was a good accurate load.Before working up a new load for the Tikka put some of the above through it just to zero and a Magneto was recording just over 3400.Appreciate that Tikka barrel is 3 inches shorter but the velocity reduction was significantly more than I expected.It was the same batch of powder but a change of brass from Norma to Lapua.Rifling in Tikka is 1 in 14 whereas 1 in 11 in the Sako(cut rifled Border ).Any thoughts?.Richard.

Any thoughts?

Yep, they are two different rifles, two very different set of components and circumstances. I'm just glad you didn't wonder why it was different to what Quickload said you should get.

There is nothing better than empirical evidence to let you know what is happening.
Trying to directly equate what happens in your Tikka to what happens in your Sako is a waste of time especially with the different barrels (length and twist and probably exact chamber dimensions too) and you have also changed brass (I can only guess at the difference in case volume)..

Are you comparing two different manufacturers chronos?  Too many changes to make any sense from your data.

Archived