.222 stock options

I'm getting a remmy 700 sps hopefully soon. I am thinking of treating it to a new stock. Are there any options for this calibre with new bottom metal to allow a mag system. I can't seem to find anything.

Just the same as for Remmy in 223. AICS type 223 10 shot mags work very well. I quite like Canadian MDT mags as they work in T3's as well as Rem type actions. Atlasworx makes good and affordable mag systems.

Stocks.... plenty options in wood, alu, glass fibre, carbon fibre. Beware some are awkward and lumpy. Just depends on what role the rifles is supposed to fill.

edi

Well the rifle is going to be a foxer at al, will be lugged about, but weight isn't massive issue. My ignorance is guaranteed, will .223 fit the bill for .222 as there are plenty of options for .223.

So if I get the bottom metal and mag for .223 it should be ok for .222.

A new calibre for me you see!

The main difference between 222 and 223 is that the 223 has a shorter neck but more case capacity. Would expect 222 to feed fine through a 223 mag. In fact factory tikka mags are the same for 17 rem, 222 and 223

38049EAA-5DDD-4A8F-B448-EC2360133A22.jpeg

Ok, so I keep on seeing magpul 700 hunter, then needing a bottom metal well, however they all seem to be 7.62 mags. I'll need a 5.56 mag. Is this option of the magpul well with a 5.56 mag available anywhere or is it, get the well and then buy a different  mag

Dont put your 700 in an Aics if its a foxing gun , it is far to heavy , a nice laminate would be a welcome addition to the plastic ? Stock . 

Archived