ir

davewh100

I've ordered the new pulsar nv455 so been looking at reviews on ir its just a mind field been looking at Solaris srx, wicked lights A51 ir, and looks to be good reviews on the ian serrel any one got any of the above whats you thoughts pleases

dave

I've got the Solaris and a PBIR. Prefer the Solaris, to my eye its a cleaner light and more adjustable than the PBIR.

I think you'll be happy/satisfied with any of the top end kit available at the moment......all will take you out to 300 metres easily.

Regards, Rob.

I've tried that many and on my Drone pro the PBIR X is very good and clean however whilst not as clean the Dragonfly is more powerful and I never seem to have any foxes spooked by it .

OSOK

I have used a few different ir lasers/led torches and i have settled on ian sirrels xtl laser , superb build quality and great beam . 

I would say the Domed version of his XTL would be the best for your needs .  (i bought both)

The XTL seems to be flavour of the month, followed closely by the SRX. I have an XTL on its way and have most of the other popular torches, my preference is the SRX currently due to performance/size. From reviews from a few pretty learned gents that use the XTL I expect it to be top of the tree.

For the N455 you will need a laser based illuminator to get the best out of it, and of the laser illuminators available the Sirius XTL is the best

I have measured the brightness and power output and then done field testing on the Solaris, Sirius XTL (with and without dome) and the BlackSun engine, and IMHO the SIrius XTL domed version is definitely the one to have.

Cheers

Bruce

On 3/12/2019 at 4:20 PM, phoenix said:

For the N455 you will need a laser based illuminator to get the best out of it, and of the laser illuminators available the Sirius XTL is the best

I have measured the brightness and power output and then done field testing on the Solaris, Sirius XTL (with and without dome) and the BlackSun engine, and IMHO the SIrius XTL domed version is definitely the one to have.

Cheers

Bruce

thanks Bruce iv gone with the sirius xtl with dome, just need to wait for the nv455 now hopefully end of march first week in April

dave

On 3/12/2019 at 8:56 PM, ukhornet said:

Bruce was there much between the Solaris and the BlackSun engine?

They are both bright, but the Sirius illuminated the field of view of the scope much more uniformly.

The blacksun engine produces a beam that has a noticeably darker circle in the centre of the illuminated area (just where the reticle would likely be)

Archived